Little Things You Love

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I don't care what position the pistons prefer it is about the kW and Nm first and foremost. I know the more the meatier sound but sometimes you can't have everything. I love the Porsche flat 6s, 8s, 12s and 16s I just wish the 911 wasn't an engineering solution over common sense. That 4.0 in the GT3RS has to be the sweetest thing I have ever driven. Sounds magnificent and just delivers right up to 9,000rpm. Some BMW straight 6s sounds fabulous and the Jag 3.8 in race trim is amazing but for pure knee trembling sound it is hard to go past a 36 cylinder twin row radial.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I don't care what position the pistons prefer it is about the kW and Nm first and foremost. I know the more the meatier sound but sometimes you can't have everything. I love the Porsche flat 6s, 8s, 12s and 16s I just wish the 911 wasn't an engineering solution over common sense. That 4.0 in the GT3RS has to be the sweetest thing I have ever driven. Sounds magnificent and just delivers right up to 9,000rpm. Some BMW straight 6s sounds fabulous and the Jag 3.8 in race trim is amazing but for pure knee trembling sound it is hard to go past a 36 cylinder twin row radial.
What if the “piston” is a triangle shape?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I just wish the 911 wasn't an engineering solution over common sense. That 4.0 in the GT3RS has to be the sweetest thing I have ever driven.
GT4RS on the way apparently.

Some BMW straight 6s sounds fabulous
I remember sitting outside a pub in Pyrmont many years back and some bloke gave an E46 M3 CSL a bootfull off the lights. Absolutely glorious

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
What if the “piston” is a triangle shape?
I remember sitting outside a pub in Pyrmont many years back and some bloke gave an E46 M3 CSL a bootfull off the lights. Absolutely glorious
I saw a video of one of those having a crack at v max on a runway, was apt considering it sounded remarkably like a BF-109 / Spitfire at full noise.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I use to go to an event back home where there was a heap of old planes flying about all weekend, was always a good show when the Spitfire and P-51 Mustangs decided to have a drag race.

One year the pilot of the Mustang decided he was going to have a crack at the sound barrier, full on dive...I was nervous for him and I had a fair bit of anti-fear onboard.

There is a exotic car showroom a few doors down from work and we get all array of high end cars come flying down the street at full jandal, one day someone is going to have a very expensive accident in a Porche/Merc/Lambo/Ferrari/McClaren considering the amount of trucks are frequenting the area. The latest toy being flogged is a new RS6, I have to admit though...it does sound nice.

Brow

Big Block

I agree with the Sea Fury, I remember this one in Darwin and standing about 20ft away during startup.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
A few years ago I went to a Historics race meeting at Phillip Island, and one of the categories was combined Group A & Group C touring cars, one of which was a Jag XJS. That V12 howl is a beautiful sound.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not glorious but the silent dart of a Tesla model S being given a bit of welly off a red light... it was as if it started at 100kph.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
I don't care if 98% on the internet are raging at her voice, and 2% are saying it is intentionally bad viral click bait....
I still love them but while the likes of bloody Goldfinger are now not only using auto-tune and cranking it up when I'd be happy with none at all ..

... we get that woman who should seriously try just-short-of-T-Pain autotune - could be bearable. Maybe even vaguely interesting. But is she a Master Troll or what?