Little Things You Love

cammas

Seamstress
Flat tyre at the end of work is a demoralising event.
Yeah was a bit paranoid it was going to go flat on the to the train, grab a couple of new tubeless valves on the way home to see if that helps plus I’ll top up the sealant just to be sure I put enough in when I set them up.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
We definitely need more public holidays. There should be at least 1 per month. Life without them is arduous and all crushing.
Jokes aside, I'm an advocate of no public holidays but getting the same number of days of added to annual leave allocations. I'd much rather have 7 weeks* of leave to take whenever I want rather than the standard 4 weeks and some random and stupidly timed holidays like Melbourne cup day on a Tuesday.

I hate the public holiday clusterfuck of "Oh let's go to _____________ since we've got the day off" then "Ah fuck, traffic/transport is munted and there's 400 people at this 'quiet' little waterfall in the forest we battled traffic for 2 hours to get to" (And most of the people that get to this hypothetical waterfall just fire off a selfie then immediately leave. I know, I know - "Ok @Haakon"). Imagine "banking" those days. @pink poodle could have another couple of weeks on the Japanese snowfields!

*How the feck does Victoria have 15 public holidays this year? o_O

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Because Public Holidays are awesome.
Also, isn't only 2 more than most other States (grand final day and Melb Cup day)?
Although maybe not every State gazettes Easter Saturday? Good for retail workers, doubt anyone else knows it's a PH

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Jokes aside, I'm an advocate of no public holidays but getting the same number of days of added to annual leave allocations. I'd much rather have 7 weeks* of leave to take whenever I want rather than the standard 4 weeks and some random and stupidly timed holidays like Melbourne cup day on a Tuesday.

I hate the public holiday clusterfuck of "Oh let's go to _____________ since we've got the day off" then "Ah fuck, traffic/transport is munted and there's 400 people at this 'quiet' little waterfall in the forest we battled traffic for 2 hours to get to" (And most of the people that get to this hypothetical waterfall just fire off a selfie then immediately leave. I know, I know - "Ok @Haakon"). Imagine "banking" those days. @pink poodle could have another couple of weeks on the Japanese snowfields!

For five years of my life, I was the beneficiary of six weeks annual leave plus all the usual public holidays. We were able to travel Australia for two months in 2002 and three months in 2004 as a result. As far as I'm aware, those conditions remain in place to this day for those people who are public servants in the Western Division of NSW...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
For five years of my life, I was the beneficiary of six weeks annual leave plus all the usual public holidays. We were able to travel Australia for two months in 2002 and three months in 2004 as a result. As far as I'm aware, those conditions remain in place to this day for those people who are public servants in the Western Division of NSW...
Yep, used to have a job with 4 weeks annual leave and 11 “RDOs” (that we could take whenever we wanted), man did it suck going back to the standard 4 weeks a year.