Little Things You Love

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I felt that what I said was supplementary to what you wrote, rather than in any way counter to it.
Sov-cits are full tinfoil hat wearers.

People who live in Aus are subject to its laws and regulations. Abiding is more the act of compliance, whether consciously or otherwise.
As any court or lawyer will tell you, ignorance of the law is no defence.

i didnt htink you were countering it, just thought you were paraphrasing it and i was confused. all g.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
It's a bit like the creationists or ant-climate change mob who deny the science but use other scientific findings as evidence against it. Once again you either believe it or you don't, you can't pick and choose.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
how was the bullion acquired? was it mined and smelted by themselves or did they purchase it on an exchange or a dealer that is operating under Australian laws?
Also gold is only really worth what it is because of history of it being rare (and in context of all metals it's not that rare). To the average person it has no use or worth outside of our economic system.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Also gold is only really worth what it is because of history of it being rare (and in context of all metals it's not that rare). To the average person it has no use or worth outside of our economic system.
The sov-cits might like precious metals because they have inherent value, rather than simply being essentially worthless tokens commonly agreed upon by a particular country(s) as a means of exchange for goods and services.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
The sov-cits might like precious metals because they have inherent value, rather than simply being essentially worthless tokens commonly agreed upon by a particular country(s) as a means of exchange for goods and services.
the intrinsic/inherant value gold has is still a social construct, like stredda said, Its only valuable because we all agree it is. Much like anything really.

If the world was hit by asteroids and we ended up all living in caves again, it wouldn't be worth shit. You cant eat it, it doesn't keep you warm, its too soft to make weapons from, you cant wipe your ass with it. Its heavy. etc.

Last edited: