Live Music Thread

slowmick

38-39"
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes at the Northcote Theatre.
As Spike noted we are living in a dystopian world when CJ Ramone on bass leads the band into their version of Paula Adul's "Straight Up".
Mr Ramone looked like he was having a fucking ball and he can certainly tip a Guinness down quickly between tunes.
Top night. Been a long long time since I've been to a sweaty sweaty punk show.
1676257255848.png

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes at the Northcote Theatre.
As Spike noted we are living in a dystopian world when CJ Ramone on bass leads the band into their version of Paula Adul's "Straight Up".
Mr Ramone looked like he was having a fucking ball and he can certainly tip a Guinness down quickly between tunes.
Top night. Been a long long time since I've been to a sweaty sweaty punk show.
View attachment 397007
I realise it's from weird stage-lighting - but the duotone in the resulting pic is quite cool!

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A happy accident - I wasn't wearing my glasses so couldn't tell if the phone had managed to focus on anything - it was all fuzzy to me.
If I forget my glasses I can’t see the bloody stage these days. How’s the new theatre? I’m looking forward to checking it out soon

slowmick

38-39"
If I forget my glasses I can’t see the bloody stage these days. How’s the new theatre? I’m looking forward to checking it out soon
Great set up, lots of bar staff, even sold out there was room between the punters, air conditioning works well (heaps of big wall splits) with main fresh air, wooden floor that can be washed clean at the end of the night. sound was good but loud. Definitely take ear plugs.
It's like a double wide Gershwin room but good.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably the weirdest gig I’ve ever been to. From the odd venue, Billy looking like a preacher at some whack job cult, wrestling between bands, backup vocalist doing Your the Voice, fill in guitarists in JA and SP both stealing the show, the chicken salt nonsense. Bizzaro
Anyway, went with a good crew and had a fun night.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
#2 and his band are playing their first paid gig early next month. Been going along to rehearsals to take promo pics and listen in on progress. They have a set of 9 songs and will do 7 in the first set, a break then another 7 to finish with 5 common to both sets. They sound bloody good. Hopefully I can get some pics of the gig.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Went to a sound system battle event last night. Was supposed to be a variety of reggae, dub, steppers, jungle, and d&b but was almost all reggae.

Never heard 135db bass with such distortion before. Hmmmm. One needs to hear a band pass sub just once a decade to be reminded they are utter garbage 78% of the time

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
#2 and his band are playing their first paid gig early next month. Been going along to rehearsals to take promo pics and listen in on progress. They have a set of 9 songs and will do 7 in the first set, a break then another 7 to finish with 5 common to both sets. They sound bloody good. Hopefully I can get some pics of the gig.
Where/when?