L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

climbo

Likes Dirt
yes, a Scott Stevens is what Silence Lotto need. Unlike most hockey players though, Cadel has NO team !!!! They suck !!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :(

Unless Cadel rides away from Contador and Lance in the Alps, he has no chance and unfortunately, I can't see him doing that.

Lorday

Eats Squid
If Penny was a team manager, I think road racing and grand tours would go off the izzaye.

TDF - 4 hours a day for 3 weeks, of biffs, fights and dirty tatics.
Now with carbon BLADED spokes, razor sided skewers and Kelvar cross breed lycra action!
Let the games begin.

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
I found it quite amusing when fabian and thor were having a go at evans telling he to get back to the main field.

Thor cracked not to long ago and will be back in the main field soon enough.

Not overly impressed with tonights stage, would much rather watch another stage like yesterday. but aye i dont mind.

Im really hoping fabian gets pulled back in, but im not sure if there will be much of an effort from astana and the peleton to do so. but there is stll 80 odd kms to go, so only time will tell aye.

Bodin

GMBC
If I keep eating like I'm actually riding this TDF, I'm going to weigh another 10kg by the time they get to Paris. Just can't stop munching in front of the telly.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Continually impressed by Cancellara's riding. I doubt he'll make it over the cat 1 climb in the break, but he's been impressive til now to say the least. Here's hoping Hincapie for a stage win.
Oooh - to answer my own question, Contador doesn't speak English, so it's unlikely Lance was talking to him. Therefore in light of that, it definitely looked like Lance and Contador were riding against each other.
Lance speaks spanish.

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
was great seeing andy make a move, ripped the peleton appart. im still waiting for the move of contador,a schlek and armstrong to reel in the front 4. Also im very impressed with sandy casar, dropped four times from the front pack and each time he is back up with them, my cudos to him.

was rather please watching cancellara get passed on the cat 1 i must say, i wonder if cadel had anything to say to him :rolleyes:

edit: make that 5 for casar

Last edited:

jackedin

Likes Dirt
If I keep eating like I'm actually riding this TDF, I'm going to weigh another 10kg by the time they get to Paris. Just can't stop munching in front of the telly.
Yeah Having a ale and munching my way through the TDF as well.
Also yelling at poncy sprinters who think that Cadel is the problem.
If they had worked together they may have got away further and the Schlek's may have ripped Astana more.
Cadel was doing the only thing that he has left as a advantage over Contordor and that is decending. The little Spainard might be good going up but he is not so great going down the hill. Thats why Astana keeps coming to the front so they can control the decent.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
I agree, nightly beer and food while watching the tour is killing me at the moment. This has to be one of the greatest months of the year though.

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Contador is a loaded gun currently going off. He will run out of bullets soon. Lance will win the tour because he knows what it takes to ride for 3 weeks and win x 7.

Cadels has no chance being 3minutes behind leaders. You cannot win a tour on your own and he's team is just not up to scatch.

Contador is one of the best climbers you will ever see, can attack over and over again, you wont see many people that can beat him when he wants to win on a climb. He has also developed as a TT rider and can keep up witht he best of them. And as mentioned above, he has won 3 grand tours. The only thing that is going to bring him down is politics within the Astana team. If Lance doesn't get in the way, he could well be the next great rider.

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
The yellow things on the helmets are used to transmit the power output and heart rate of the rider wearing it. A few riders do this for some reason, just as something interesting the broadcasters can talk about I guess.

bazza

look at me
hahahahahaha how good are cadels live comments? how good is his little foreign impersanation voice.

akashra

Eats Squid
The yellow things on the helmets are used to transmit the power output and heart rate of the rider wearing it. A few riders do this for some reason, just as something interesting the broadcasters can talk about I guess.
Erm... CycleOps have already said they're race radio, and that they're not collecting PowerTap or ANT+ data... though CycleOps/Saris have been both testing Joule (the new replacement for Cervo, the PowerTap head unit) and have been posting the data of all of the Garmin riders who are running PowerTaps.

Amongst others posts from their twitter feed, but this was just the first one to the top I noticed:
CycleopsPower said:
@stevebrunet A few reasons the radios are on the helmets. They pose some risk when falling on them, especially in the Giro.

http://twitter.com/CycleOpsPower/status/2591561407

Last edited:

alexb618

Likes Dirt
there are a handful of guys riding with commuter looking seat bags too which has a little transmitter sending out HRM etc for tv purposes, all just team mates though nobody important so you dont really see it on the broadcast

ebuk

Likes Dirt
Top job by SBS on the weekend. I loved getting home, cooking dinner and turning on Le Tour at 8PM.

I wish every stage had the extended footage.