L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

setonz

Likes Dirt
Giro helmets

Any idea why most of the sponsored teams are wearing an inferior model(monza i think?) instead of the Ionos.
A couple of guys like lance and menchov did for about three stages but are now back to the Ionos? And the rest of the team is wearing the other model?

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
spanky's favourite tdf rider - Jens Voight's post ride interview with SBS is a cracker with his thoughts on how to beat astana

"pfffffffffft.. its tough cookie that one!"

go Jens

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any idea why most of the sponsored teams are wearing an inferior model(monza i think?) instead of the Ionos.
A couple of guys like lance and menchov did for about three stages but are now back to the Ionos? And the rest of the team is wearing the other model?
Prototype new model weighing 175grams. Have a look from the rear, the retention system is just a big elastic band. You are right that it looks like a cheaper model though, I'm not impressed at all. I'll take a bit of weight for the comfort of the Lazer Genesis...well until the Lazer Helium is released.

Sidenote: Did anyone have Fedrigo in their fantasy team last night? I was expecting him to have a go in 2-3 days, but I'll take the win last night.

jackedin

Likes Dirt
Top job by SBS on the weekend. I loved getting home, cooking dinner and turning on Le Tour at 8PM.

I wish every stage had the extended footage.
Would have been better if it was on SBS1 and in HD instead of this pissy 525i.
Great promises again from SBS see the tour in HD this year, just read the fine print if the cricket is on you get push to low Def. It is not as if the cricket looks any better in high def maybe you might get to see the grass grow.
Also thought that SBS is Cycling Central. HA

And the late nights are getting to my fantasy team. Missed the transfer again and it cost me.

Gnar

Squid
Unfortunately not mate. There are still 4 Tests to go I think. Maybe only 2...anyway, there is still more to come, they have a week inbetween I think though. I was so p*ssed at SBS for sacrificing the Tour for the Ashes:mad:.

Gnar

Squid
We sure do 'Oracle'! Anyway, what's the thoughts on tonights stage? Will anyone get dropped, is anyone a clear winner? It's reasonably flat so I'm hoping for some good cross-winds to split the pack abit.

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
Pfft, stop being whiney bitches and just switch it over to SBS2. Unless of course you are living in the dark ages of analogue tv.

Being realistic about the relative popularity of cycling vs cricket (Esp. when you consider the Ashes is one of the nations most anticipated sporting clashes) I reckon the TDF is doing pretty good to get the coverage it does.

Pity I keep frigging falling asleep though.

chrisp2087

Likes Dirt
Yep hating SBS1 at the moment, no digital & no foxtel (chan 648 if you didn't know) where I'm housesitting.

Ideally I'll listen to the cricket on the radio & watch the tour, mute whichever one isn't so interesting at the time ;-)

Gnar

Squid
Pfft, stop being whiney bitches and just switch it over to SBS2. Unless of course you are living in the dark ages of analogue tv.

Being realistic about the relative popularity of cycling vs cricket (Esp. when you consider the Ashes is one of the nations most anticipated sporting clashes) I reckon the TDF is doing pretty good to get the coverage it does.

I was one of those 'Dark Ages' chaps you speak of. I guess people have become reliant on SBS for coverage of the Tour over the years, and this year SBS bailed on alot of viewers. I'm sorted now, still lame I think.

Bodin

GMBC
If you're watching tonight, you'll definitely be asleep by now - by far the most boring stage of the tour so far and the commentators are working very hard to keep the interest by talking up the lack of race radio issue.

I think I'm gunna need help from one of Boonen's mates in order to keep my eyes open for another couple of hours...

Last edited:

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you're watching tonight, you'll definitely be asleep by now - by far the most boring stage of the tour so far and the commentators are working very hard to keep the interest by talking up the lack of race radio issue.

I think I'm gunna need help from one of Boonen's mates in order to keep my eyes open for another couple of hours...
I stopped watching and put top gun on, then followed by navy seals.

Bodin

GMBC
Mine and my girlfriend's fave movie - 2 hours of awesome dogfight footage interspersed by endless opportunities to take the complete piss out of the biggest twat in Hollywood. Doesn't get any more entertaining than that.

Bought it on Blu-Ray about a month ago - freakin awesome in 1080P.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mine and my girlfriend's fave movie - 2 hours of awesome dogfight footage interspersed by endless opportunities to take the complete piss out of the biggest twat in Hollywood. Doesn't get any more entertaining than that.

Bought it on Blu-Ray about a month ago - freakin awesome in 1080P.
I bought it on dvd and it came in a minuature leather jacket, sure the migs arent migs and you can cut the sexual tension between iceman and maverick with a knife but hey its still awesome.

Highway to the danger zone.....

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bwa ha! Never looked at it that way, but I don't think I'll ever see it any differently now.

You can be my wingman anytime...
just look at how they gaze at each other during the volleyball game......

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
If you're watching tonight, you'll definitely be asleep by now
Damn close. I think I made it to less than 30km before lights out. All that effort and I didn't even see the last, most eventful bit.

Someone needs to sit these guys down and tell them to spice it up a bit. Maybe give Astana riders a 20min time penalty for scaring everyone else off?