L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
Go you little (half) aussie.

That was a ballsy breakaway.

I think someone needs to get into the PM's ear about a 'super freaking mad euro cyclist' section in the migration act so that we can have more of this!!!

climbo

Likes Dirt
That was AWESOME to watch, stayed up for the whole thing for once, a super effort from HH to go solo at the end, he's ours now !!! :)

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
I agree it was a great stage to watch. Some action on the climbs too which is hopefully a good sign for some big challenges to come in the mountains.

I'll be glad to see the end of the flat stuff, sure the last 200m is exciting, but the previous 200km has usually bored me into the land of nod well before then.

climbo

Likes Dirt
tonight not much chop, 2 x Cat 3 climbs, a doddle for these guys. Someone likes Jens Voigt would love tonights stage for a breakaway win. I hope he goes for it, you gotta love Jens, he's a top bloke and a beast on the bike.

Even Thor might have a go for the points on offer.

Sunday to Verbier and the next few mountain stages will be ones to watch, hopefully Astana gets put in the hurt box there somewhere but they are looking bloody good I have to say.

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
I know next to nothing about TDF (this year is the first time i've bothered to follow it) but to me stages 15, 16 & 17 look like they will be good to watch.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it starting to look like the lance show just like his other tours, i hope some firworks happen on sunday someone has to attack Cadel has no choice neither does sastre.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah it was on news radio this morning, apparently they thought it was just road debris until they got a couple of riders :confused:

akashra

Eats Squid
Woah, wtf happened last night. I didnt' watch any of it, recorded it instead - will watch on my iPod on the way to the You Yangs. But so far I've seen news of disqualifications, a spectator killed (in the sprint?), and anyone associated with Astana (but mostly Johan Bruyneel) crying like girls over Slipstream actually wanting to race.

A 61 year old woman was hit by a police motorbike crossing the road after some cyclists went through during the stage and another two spectators were injured

Cavendish was disqualified for barging in the sprint

Hincape is now 3 seconds off the lead

BRING ON THE MOUNTAINS YEH

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A 61 year old woman was hit by a police motorbike crossing the road after some cyclists went through during the stage and another two spectators were injured

Cavendish was disqualified for barging in the sprint

Hincape is now 3 seconds off the lead

BRING ON THE MOUNTAINS YEH
Cavendish was relegated to the back of his bunch, not disqualified - and with good cause too!

Hincapie is 5 seconds behind.

time for someone to put some pressure on, and take this race by the horns.

Bodin

GMBC
If Cadel doesn't attack today, I will seriously cry:(
I will seriously cry if he does. He has shown, time and time again, that attacking without support is suicidal. He is the most marked man in the peloton, has no team support and has no friends on other teams, so if he goes off on his own, he will be ridden down and crushed yet again.

Cadel does everything really well, but he's not the best at anything and he needs to be smarter about it if he's going to get anywhere near the podium this year.

His best results will come from waiting for one of the other contenders to attack, hanging on to their wheel and then trying to outdo them by as much time as he can if he can get past them in the last couple of kilometres. Contador has already shown this year that a top rider can put as much as 30 seconds per kilometre in to someone else on a hilltop finish and this is Cadel's only option, because a breakaway attempt will fail.

jackedin

Likes Dirt
"He is the most marked man in the peloton, has no team support and has no friends on other teams, so if he goes off on his own, he will be ridden down and crushed yet again."
Yeah Hincapie can go off in the bunch and no chase.But Cadel gets hunted down by two teams and told to piss off back to the peloton. You can start to see the collusion between the big 3 teams.

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
I feel for Cadel so much. I know it's racing but the others seem like a bunch of pricks towards him. Just wish he could get a decent bunch of cattle around him, any Australian billionaires out there wanting to start a racing team? I fi had the coin I would have done it by now.

ducan

Likes Dirt
I get angry watching the motorbikes... They are dangerous even at some points.
If i was a rider I would go insane having motorbikes all over the place.