L'officiel Le Tour 2012 Thread!

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
I am actually hoping that sideburns wins (braces for incoming).
He's had such bad luck in the past and it's always when he hits form something unlucky happens.

I'm not saying that Cadel hasn't had his fair share of bad luck, and not saying that I wouldn't be happy if an Aussie won, but I don't really like Cadel.
He's just so.... beige. I would rather the God Of Thunder get in front of Cadel.

On another note, will greenedge help cadel if they can? Greenedge have already said they are just entering to see how they fit and start shaping the team. Not after wins, so if they can give Cadel a nudge without sacrificing their own agenda do you reckon they will?

I also wonder, how does Michael Rogers feel riding in support of Cadels rival? I know it's his job, and he dosn't get paid to have an opinion. But it must feel a bit weird being an Aussie and doing your best to help a Pom get in front of Cadel?

And will Cavending put all his eggs in the Tour basket or will he save his gas for the Olympics?
Personally I reckon Cav is only half the sprinter since he lost Renshaw as his lead out man anyway.

I reckon Wiggins will be in yellow
Sagan in green
Not sure about KOM and white jersey yet.
I also reckon Tyler Farrar might get in with a few stage wins.

Last edited:

willsy01

Eats Squid
I had the perfect setup for the Tour last year. My bedroom had flooded and the carpet all had to be ripped up. The result was me camping in my living room.......this happened just before the Tour started so I spent the 3 weeks watching from bed, which was right in front of the TV :D

RB 24

Likes Dirt
I am actually hoping that sideburns wins (braces for incoming).
He's had such bad luck in the past and it's always when he hits form something unlucky happens.

I'm not saying that Cadel hasn't had his fair share of bad luck, and not saying that I wouldn't be happy if an Aussie won, but I don't really like Cadel.
He's just so.... beige. I would rather the God Of Thunder get in front of Cadel.

funnily enough I find him like steamed fish... good but bland. Biege just....works.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Lampre-ISD

Grega Bole
Danilo Hondo
Yuriy Krivtsov
Matthew Lloyd (AUS)
Marco Marzano
Alessandro Petacchi
Michele Scarponi
Simone Stortoni
Davide Viganò

But Scarponi still has to get through a hearing with CONI today over connections with Dr Ferrari

Last edited:

wombat

Lives in a hole
Pretty sure we just booked an apartment for a few nights in la toussiure. :)

Not entirely sure how we get there yet, or if there's gonna be anything open in the village before the tour gets there, but fuck it, gonna see a mountain top finish!

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Euskaltel-Euskadi

Mikel Astarloza
Jorge Azanza
Gorka Izagirre
Egoi Martinez
Ruben Perez
Sammy Sanchez
Amets Txurruka
Pablo Urtasun
Gorka Verdugo.

sidetrack

Likes Dirt
Im picking Cadel for the win. And Im going to pick Rogers to have a better tour than Wiggins, I dont think he has the metal for 3 weeks.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maillot jaune (Yellow Jersey): Cadel Evans
Maillot Vert (Green Jersey): Mark Cavendish
Maillot à pois rouges (Polkadot Jersey): Pierre Rolland
Maillot blanc (White Jersey): Rein Taaramae
Teams Classification (Yellow dossards): Sky
Lantern rogue (Last rider to finish): Yauheni Hutarovich
Honte congé - First rider to be expelled for drugs: Thomas Voekler

Also looking forward to the TdF manager game again.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cadel Evans
Peter Sagan
Samuel Sanchez
Tony Gallopin
Garmin Barracuda
Roy Curvers? Random Pick
Michele Scarponi

akashra

Eats Squid
The CBD Cycles LeTour tipping comp is back up and running again - I just went and started looking for riders to put in as 'default' tips like I always do, in case I get to a certain day and have forgot to put a tip in - I couldn't believe some of the names that aren't in this years tour, including Wegman, Gerdemann, Pellizotti and Boonen!

Anyway, the LeTour tipping comp is at http://www.sparxsol.com.au/letourcbdcycles/CreateUser.php

fitbmx

Likes Bikes
This.

I was sure it was going to happen last year.
Nobody has legs like he did last tour without some juice.
i always hate to think about it this way but yeah, it has to be.

Maillot jaune - Gonna say Evans, because he rode such a great tour last year and I think he can do it again.
Maillot Vert - Greipel? he has a whole team riding for him
Maillot à pois rouges - Sammy Sanchez
Teams Classification - Liquigas?
Lantern rogue - Marcus Burghardt