L'officiel Le Tour 2013 Thread!

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Teams are starting to be announced so it must be time to get your tips in. SBS has the Teams announced so far
Maillot jaune (Yellow Jersey)
Maillot Vert (Green Jersey)
Maillot à pois rouges (Polkadot Jersey)
Maillot blanc (White Jersey)
Teams Classification (Yellow dossards)
Lantern rogue (Last rider to finish)
Honte congé - First rider to be expelled for drugs

KLabs

Likes Bikes
Hi alchemist, excellent idea. Are you able to add a little more English to the classifications, like ..

Maillot jaune (Yellow Jersey) .. Leaders Jersey
Maillot Vert (Green Jersey) .. Sprinters Jersey
Maillot à pois rouges (Polkadot Jersey) .. King of the Mountains Jersey
etc

thanks KL :=)

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Maillot jaune (Yellow Jersey) Contador
Maillot Vert (Green Jersey) Sagan?
Maillot à pois rouges (Polkadot Jersey) Voeckler
Maillot blanc (White Jersey) TJ
Teams Classification (Yellow dossards) Saxo
Lantern rogue (Last rider to finish) Cav?
Honte congé - First rider to be expelled for drugs Hopefully none this year...

Can't wait! Trying to book a week of Tafe so I can watch the whole last week :)

Last edited:

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Maillot jaune (Yellow Jersey) - Chris Froome
Maillot Vert (Green Jersey) - Mark Cavendish
Maillot à pois rouges (Polkadot Jersey) - Still deciding. Need full list of racers
Maillot blanc (White Jersey) - Tejay van Garderen
Teams Classification (Yellow dossards) - Team Sky
Lantern rogue (Last rider to finish) - Still deciding. Need full list of racers
Honte congé - First rider to be expelled for drugs - Hopefully noone!

Last edited:

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Chris Froome
Peter Sagan
Pierre Rolland
Nairo Quintana
Team Sky
Roy Curvers :noidea:
Andy Schleck :behindsofa:

scblack

Leucocholic
Maillot jaune (Yellow Jersey) - Contador
Maillot Vert (Green Jersey) - Sagan
Maillot à pois rouges (Polkadot Jersey) - Simon Clarke
Maillot blanc (White Jersey) - Qintana
Teams Classification (Yellow dossards) - Sky
Lantern rogue (Last rider to finish) - Who cares
Honte congé - First rider to be expelled for drugs - One of the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys. Hehe.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Maillot jaune (Yellow Jersey) - Froome. Really hope he doesn't win, but you'd be mad not to tip him.
Maillot Vert (Green Jersey) - Cavendish.
Maillot à pois rouges (Polkadot Jersey) - Voeckler
Maillot blanc (White Jersey) - can't find a list of who's eligible this year.
Teams Classification (Yellow dossards) - sky
Lantern rogue (Last rider to finish) - greg henderson
Honte congé - First rider to be expelled for drugs - One of the movistar team.

Other predictions:
Adam Hansen to ride like a hard man for three weeks for the team.
Lil' Ritchie porte to podium.
Cadel top 5.
Svein tuft to do something epic.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Anybody have any recommendations for a good pre-read before the tour starts? I'm keen to get up to scratch on the stages, teams, potential winners etc..

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Anybody have any recommendations for a good pre-read before the tour starts? I'm keen to get up to scratch on the stages, teams, potential winners etc..
Can usually get a pretty good mag from the local newsagent. I've picked one up the last couple of years.

disappearin

Likes Dirt
Maillot jaune (Yellow Jersey) Froome. He should of won last year. He was clearly stronger then wiggins IMO. Hopefully cadel can do well with his new teammates.

Maillot Vert (Green Jersey) Cavendish will be hard to beat but I'd love to see Sagan or Goss do it!

Maillot à pois rouges (Polkadot Jersey) ???

Maillot blanc (White Jersey) TJ van garderen

scblack

Leucocholic
The RIDE magazine preview is awesome - 276 pages of it. At any newsagent.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
What I would love is for Ritchie Porte to win this year.
He has the legs and the mind, and my prediction is that something will happen to Froome, and Porte will be gievn the green light by Sky to go for it.
I reckon we'll see a Tasmanian on the podium this year. And if not, it will be a Froome Porte 1-2.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Maillot Vert (Green Jersey) Cavendish will be hard to beat but I'd love to see Sagan or Goss do it!
Would be great if someone could beat Cav. I think Sagan is more likely to do this then Goss. I think Goss will be happy to just win a single stage - might sound harsh but he hasn't really delivered in the major races in the past 12 months, so hopefully he can turn that and get a win for the GreenEDGE boys.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Would be great if someone could beat Cav. I think Sagan is more likely to do this then Goss. I think Goss will be happy to just win a single stage - might sound harsh but he hasn't really delivered in the major races in the past 12 months, so hopefully he can turn that and get a win for the GreenEDGE boys.
Gossy has not shown anywhere near the form to take on Cav over 3 weeks. Sagan hasn't been able to beat Cav in big, flat, fast bunches. He will certainly get over the hills much better and pick up points more frequently, but it will often be the scraps after a breakaway has had the main meal.

Greipel, however, could conceivably do it. If his form is perfect.

Crunchy_NuT

Likes Bikes
Maillot jaune (Yellow Jersey) -- we'd all love to see Cadel, but I think it's too much now (hope he proves me wrong) Andy Schleck might surprise but looks like the fave's are the main one's to watch
Maillot Vert (Green Jersey) -- Sagan
Maillot à pois rouges (Polkadot Jersey) -- Voeckler
Teams Classification (Yellow dossards) -- Probably Sky
Honte congé - First rider to be expelled for drugs -- Hopefully nobody, unsure if that's a good or bad thing, the cheats getting away with it or have the muppets finally stopped (don't think so)

should be a cracker this year, throw a few spanner in the works and lets see how it unfolds

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Gossy has not shown anywhere near the form to take on Cav over 3 weeks. Sagan hasn't been able to beat Cav in big, flat, fast bunches. He will certainly get over the hills much better and pick up points more frequently, but it will often be the scraps after a breakaway has had the main meal.

Greipel, however, could conceivably do it. If his form is perfect.
I agree that on the flat finishes Cav will smash anyone but Sagan is far better through the mountains. If Sagan can steal a couple of flat sprints from Cav he's a good chance, that's if Cav even makes it over the mountains.

I think the real question is will Cadels team help him at all through the mountains? Not once has he had a decent team presence when he really needs it like Wiggins had with Froome and Porte last year.

Tossing up whether to go for Sky or Saxo now I think about it...

Let's hope voeckler goes nuts in the mountains like he did a couple of years ago!