Log book app wanted for shuttle bus

discofrank

Likes Dirt
I currently Drive a Shuttle bus for a local mtb club on the weekends ( not currently due to covid 19 ) in this down time I have been asked to get a log book of sorts happening to help with costings etc
we are going to get a nice android tablet to run some POS software ( probably square )
this will take care of that side but the committee and i agree are wanting some more info

Need to log the following
will be using an android tablet for this, bus is 1996
NO I CANT ADD AN OBD2 module either
  • Number of trips per day
  • number of passengers per trip
  • kms
  • ability to add fuel receipts ( against kms be handy )
  • any other costs ie tyres, maintenance etc
  • probably more but unknown at this stage
Cheers

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I currently Drive a Shuttle bus for a local mtb club on the weekends ( not currently due to covid 19 ) in this down time I have been asked to get a log book of sorts happening to help with costings etc
we are going to get a nice android tablet to run some POS software ( probably square )
this will take care of that side but the committee and i agree are wanting some more info

Need to log the following
will be using an android tablet for this, bus is 1996
NO I CANT ADD AN OBD2 module either
  • Number of trips per day
  • number of passengers per trip
  • kms
  • ability to add fuel receipts ( against kms be handy )
  • any other costs ie tyres, maintenance etc
  • probably more but unknown at this stage
Cheers
  • Number of carbon frame bikes
  • Number of metal frame bikes
  • People on board vs. Hot babes on board (ratio tracked relevant to specific weekday/time of day too please, I need to know the best time to find the future Mrs beeb)
  • Missed gearshifts (If you can't find 'em, grind 'em!)
  • Amount of times suspension bottoms out over a bump
  • Times a passenger falls off their seat into the aisle
  • Amount of complaints bus is too hot inside
  • Amount of complaints bus is too cold inside
  • Amount of times driver mutters "good one dickhead" because of oncoming traffic in wrong lane
  • Amount of times driver mutters "yeah good work champ" sarcastically because some bloke on a 12k carbon superbike that's somehow too tight to pay for shuttles is pedalling the road up and slowing down the bus instead of riding the green climb trail that's less than 10 metres away
  • Number of times a passenger shouts "Taxi!"
  • Amount of times passenger that ends up riding shotgun tries to start a conversation with the driver with "pretty busy today" or "good weather for it", then can't think of anything else to say.