long ago in a land far away

Ty

Eats Squid
it's funny the stuff you dig up when your going through junk on your computer, this news paper clipping is out of the cairn post. i think we raised about $6000 on the ride, but check out the burly hardtail, shows ya how far cairns was ahead of the times.

for a age reference i'm 21 now.

Ty

Eats Squid
it was hand made in cairns by some guy names loyd i believe, the XTR v'brakes off that bike now reside on tasha XC bike.

Tasha

Likes Bikes
Ahh you boys were so cute
What happened...

haha :) Just kidding
I can't believe those exact same brakes are now on my bike 5 years on!

Ty

Eats Squid
it was pretty cool, 800 kms in 7 days on mountain bikes, i did it again the following year with nathan when we were both 17 and it bacame probably queenslands biggest pub crawl with 110 kms of riding seperating each pub, damn that was fun and we got a week off school to do it.

G

shudup its not my fault im .... ummm........ ummmm...UMMMMMM

/me runs

Stinky

Likes Dirt
Ty said:
it was pretty cool, 800 kms in 7 days on mountain bikes, i did it again the following year with nathan when we were both 17 and it bacame probably queenslands biggest pub crawl with 110 kms of riding seperating each pub, damn that was fun and we got a week off school to do it.
I know what you mean. I did another version of that ride back in 94, Townsville to Mt Isa, 900 ks over 7 days. you get into these small country towns in September and the only place with air con is the pub. what else is a guy to do.

The funny part is watching all the roadies stop and walk over cattle grids while I soar above. :lol:

Ryan

Radministrator
Hells yeah, that's me on the far left. Soaring over cattle grids, playing tyre tag when riding in a bunch, tyre tagging utes when you're drafting them, skitching on the back of trucks to get up hills, watching Ty and Nathan have wheelie competitions for kilometers on end...our group got into trouble for something pretty much every single day :) It was an awesome experience and I'd love to do it again some day.