Long pants for riding.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its that time of the year again, jacket and pants today. Was f'ing cold here in Adelaide, overcast and single figures in the hills, the city made it just into double figures. Lots more pant rides ahead, especially on an eeb as the effort is not as intense as riding a real bike.

2 years with the Dharcos, would buy another pair tomorrow if I destroyed these, great riding pants.

View attachment 399675
Another fan of the Dharco pants. They're a decent fit and the only pants long enough to avoid the 3/4 Capri pants look for me. I do have to get belt loops added to them which is a small annoyance.

Another really nice option are the Huck the world pants. They're a lighter fabric but still robust with great sizing aside from being too short for me. But I'm very long legged so don't rule them out.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I have a pair of Fox Defend pants and I really like them.
I've always been a shorts wearer and never thought of wearing pants and I bought them for some more rugged west coast riding and Maydena mud but found them really comfortable, so I wear them a lot in winter.
I even wore them in the Devils Cardigan gravel race.

They don't have a fly closure but that's no big deal and my only complaint is that the leg cuff is a bit on the small side and with any pant, knee pads are a bit of a pain.
1684445034253.png

1684445084342.png

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Another fan of the Dharco pants. They're a decent fit and the only pants long enough to avoid the 3/4 Capri pants look for me. I do have to get belt loops added to them which is a small annoyance.

Another really nice option are the Huck the world pants. They're a lighter fabric but still robust with great sizing aside from being too short for me. But I'm very long legged so don't rule them out.
Dharco now sell little pant extenders that you can sew on for extra length.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

All the cool kids wear suspenders.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dharco now sell little pant extenders that you can sew on for extra length.

I saw those. Thought they were a late April Fools joke but they're actually a decent idea.

They came out after I bought my black ones and they don't seem to have the colour of my other ones so no dice.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I saw those. Thought they were a late April Fools joke but they're actually a decent idea.

They came out after I bought my black ones and they don't seem to have the colour or my other ones so no dice.
Thought the same when I saw them but makes sense for the super tall.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
But you also also sook about the heat. Nothing to do with 80% of your riding being on Zwift, I’m sure.
Hmmm... I work in 50°C heat daily.

Haven't done a Zwift ride in about 6 months but get the kudos ready, might happen in the next few weeks.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
I just got these good in a Tassie winter breathable on the back of them. Block the air on the front very good stretch and movement. Emm me thinks the fabric won't handle contact with the ground but we will see. Big plus can wear them to shops or coffee after ride without looking like a advertisement for proffesional MTBing legend.

I bought a pair of these Fox defend knock offs a year ago once I worked out they put the ratchet closure on backward they weren't to bad abit cold when you first start riding to much vents me thinks. Have a taken a few falls in them they held up well. Bit to loose around the ankles though.

I also got some winter gloves. These are good in 5c and below temps. The gel pading in the palms is abit emm. They do have little holes in the palm for venting and very thin fleece lined.