Long Time Return... Medium Travel HT

AaronJ

Likes Dirt
HI gang.

I'm close on a decade since any serious riding was done and was doing the most in the mid-90's (Started riding in 1998 on a Schwinn).

My still 'current' ride is an 04 Avanti Aggressor Pro HT with a 08 Fox 32 100mm and 07 XTR/Crossmax/etc (all off an 07 Felt Virtue 1).

I've been getting back into it and looking for a new ride.

I'm 185cm, 95kg, based in Lower Plenty. Most rides will be out from home, so Yarra trails, horse trails up around Panton Hill, Plenty, etc.

The thing is I am now so behind the eight-ball re what bikes and gear are out there, I thought I'd ask for your input.

The plan, so far, is 29", HT, 120-160mm fork, new or couple of years used, and around the $2.5-3.5K range. Then all going well, I'll undoubtedly start to 'collect' bikes again and head to a higher level dually ;-)

Anyone able to throw a few options out there?

Cheers,
AJ

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
Canfield Nimble 9 from the states, or a Production Privee from Pushys.com.au. Both are frames that could be built under budget. A Trek Stache is cool and quirky for a full build. If you really want a fully, you could probably get a nice second hander for that much.

HI gang.

I'm close on a decade since any serious riding was done and was doing the most in the mid-90's (Started riding in 1998 on a Schwinn).

My still 'current' ride is an 04 Avanti Aggressor Pro HT with a 08 Fox 32 100mm and 07 XTR/Crossmax/etc (all off an 07 Felt Virtue 1).

I've been getting back into it and looking for a new ride.

I'm 185cm, 95kg, based in Lower Plenty. Most rides will be out from home, so Yarra trails, horse trails up around Panton Hill, Plenty, etc.

The thing is I am now so behind the eight-ball re what bikes and gear are out there, I thought I'd ask for your input.

The plan, so far, is 29", HT, 120-160mm fork, new or couple of years used, and around the $2.5-3.5K range. Then all going well, I'll undoubtedly start to 'collect' bikes again and head to a higher level dually ;-)

Anyone able to throw a few options out there?

Cheers,
AJ
Hey AJ,

Out of curiosity, what did you plan on getting? I know the thread has been a bit quiet, or maybe you got exactly what you want. Let me know.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk