Looking At Starting Trials :D

Simo 182

Squid
Hey fellow RBers,
I've been thinking of starting trials for a while now, and after constantly playing Danny Mac's video, have decided that i wanna buy a trials bike. Now, i've never ridden trials before, and bike-wise, haven't got allot of idea where to start. I need something fairly cheap, and was thinking along the lines of a 20" or a 24". Any suggestions?

Lilley

Likes Dirt
If you want to ride like Danny Mac 24" is the way to go. The 24" bikes strike a good balance between trials, street mtb and BMX. Just like Danny's riding style. There are some great entry level models out for 2011.

However if you are on a really tight budget and looking second hand then 20" might be the ticket. There are more 20" bikes available, especially on the second hand market. The quality isn't always as good on a cheap bike (of course) but they can be the perfect place to hone your skills.

jesse18

Squid
There are also a few other 24" bikes that are good for street/trials, Diamondback Ashton, Because, Echo now has a 24", and they are not cheap but if you want to ride like DM then you need a bike you can trust and a cheap pos isnt what you want. Learn the basics of balancing and hopping around and getting on the rear tire and if these skills come to you kind of fast then look into spending around 800 on a used 24".

I have a 26" mongoose trials bike, and have a friend who had a 20" monty which recently was stolen. from my experience with trials i would definately go with the 20" as they are almost always lighter and are easier to flick around and puts a lot less stress on your body