Looking back with a smile

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
You Shitting me Johnny? You seriously remember the Dismissal? Seen it on telly a billion times but have no memory if it actually happening. Fraser is the first PM I can actually recall, and that's circa 1981.

Oooh! Mishka the Bear crying when the Moscow Olympics finished.

scblack

Leucocholic
Doesn't it make you feel good when you find others loved the same things you did?

Especially the non-commercial kind of shows? At least I wasn't the only kid watching ABC :cool:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
FR Drew said:
You Shitting me Johnny? You seriously remember the Dismissal? Seen it on telly a billion times but have no memory if it actually happening. Fraser is the first PM I can actually recall, and that's circa 1981.

Oooh! Mishka the Bear crying when the Moscow Olympics finished.
I don't actually remember Gough as PM or anything truly lucid. But I have a distinct memory of my parents getting all worked up (one votes labor while the other liberal) and I remember seeing pictures of some grey haired old man standing on stairs with people all around him speaking in some pompous tone that was played ad nauseum on the radio. They are hazy at best though.

Moscow, Moscow blah blabbalbablab blah bla blah........

Or alternatively: Moscow, Moscow, must go to the dunny can........

Yeah, as mentioned before, the Two Ronnies, Porrige, open all hours. Deadset genious! Are Mr Barker and Corbett still alive?

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
johnny said:
Are Mr Barker and Corbett still alive?
Barkers dead, Corbetts still going, or is it the other way around? anyway, the big one dead and the short ass is still kicking around, he's writing a lot for current BBC comedies (mainly BBC2)

Yes Minister, anyone? (I actually had the computer game on my C64 too)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I also remember having to watch some variety show at my Grandparents house that had the "Black and White Minstrals". Extremely politicaly incorrect by todays standards.

And of course, the Muppets!
Lamb Chop.
Mr Squiggle (blackboard, Gus the snail, Steamshovel and Mrs Jane)
The magick round-a-bout (I don't actually remember this myself but all my friends do)
Flashdance and the whole Jazz Ballet thing.
Cerola Museli...."who wants a crunch? ME!"