looking for people to ride with.

bonss

Likes Bikes
Hey,
Im just looking for people to ride with, either sex, I'm not fussy..
I'm in the Rowville (VIC) area and ride road and mountain.
Happy to ride mtb at lysty, buxton or similar
and looking for people interested in doing the 7 peak climbs or any training rides around mount dandenong.
Cheers.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Have a look at the ldtr forums, we've got people out riding every week. There's a weekly ride that goes on every Tuesday from 6pm meeting at the map board at the horsewoman Rd entrance, there's a social ride most months and regular casual races at lysty (you just missed one last night).

If you get out during the day on weekdays I'd be happy to go for a spin, I pretty much never ride weekends though, not a huge fan of the crowds (except for races)...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Maybe tell people a bit more about yourself, like the style or riding you most like and the type of mountain bikes you ride. Most people I know join a group of some sort (shop rides) for example and then splinter off with people they get along with the most.

bonss

Likes Bikes
thanks for the tips guys.

I ride a lapierre x-flow 412 mountain bike.
If i go to lysty, i'll usually do a couple of laps of comms or a full loop, sometimes with comms as well if i can be bothered..
anyone know if i'll be able to keep up with the social ride there?

I ride a specialized ruby comp roadie.
i like to do about 40-50km in a ride usually incorporating some nice climbs up mount dandy usually about 1000m elevation.
I'm not the best, but i do love climbing.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
The social Tuesday night ride is self paced, with regular catch up spots for slower riders. It's usually just a loop including follow me and aneurysm - if you can do a full loop you'll be fine. Organised social rides are much the same but can be a bit longer/tougher

\m/ Moshboy \m/

Likes Dirt
Hi bonss,

I only ride for shits & giggles these days & 2ish hours is about the max I spend on any bike.

I live in Vermont & when I don the 'dirt skirt' I regularly hit the following -: Westerfolds/Hans Loop, Lysty, Buxton. Not as often as I should, but also like to get to Youies & Womat/Mt Macedon. Just did Plenty Gorge for the 1st last weekend & that will become one of the regulars from here on out.

If doing the roady scum thing it's usually Beach Rd, or the 'nongs (1 in 20).

So if any of that's of any interest, let me know.

Last edited:

JASER

Likes Dirt
Hi Bonns

You're more then welcome to tag along with us on weekends at Lysterfield.

Pedal off 6:41 am Saturday and Sunday.

There is usually 5 riders.
Fun and frolics and approx 20/30km of mixed.

Dolphers

Cannon Fodder
Hey,
Im just looking for people to ride with, either sex, I'm not fussy..
I'm in the Rowville (VIC) area and ride road and mountain.
Happy to ride mtb at lysty, buxton or similar
and looking for people interested in doing the 7 peak climbs or any training rides around mount dandenong.
Cheers.
Hey bonss,

I'll be moving to Olinda in Feb and I'll be looking for places to ride too :) I'm pretty much a novice ( mature novice ) but Im keen for rides! Mainly just dirt though as I don't have a roady.

Cheers!

Col

bonss

Likes Bikes
Thanks heaps everyone.
I'll be in touch, mostly riding road at the moment, just want to get these 7 peaks done.
Hoping to get to lysty Wednesday arvo though.

cinnyis

Squid
Various Facebook groups & MTB club rides

Hi Bonns, when I first started riding and was looking for like minded, I joined a bunch of different facebook groups set up for that reason. I also joined all the facebook pages mountain bike clubs in the areas I wanted to ride at, as a lot of them will organise social rides.
Some girl's only facebook groups:
chix who ride bikes
MTB Chicks Vic
Liv Cycling Australia (They organise monthly rides)

Clubs - the ones in bold seem to have regular rides:
Yarra Ranges Mountain Bikers
Plenty Gorge Riders
Mullum Mullum Mountain Bikers
Warrandyte Mountain Bike Club
Maldon MTB Park
You Yangs MTB
- I'm sure I have more but that's all i can see at the moment. I'd also suggest liking the places you currently/plan to ride eg Lysterfield, You Yangs etc..

Hope that helps.

picess23

Cannon Fodder
If you get out during the day on weekdays I'd be happy to go for a spin, I pretty much never ride weekends though, not a huge fan of the crowds :baby:

Ha, I'm joining a thread that's active once every six months! Hoping to do some more riding when my kid goes back to school...