Looks like Paul Aston and Pinkbike have parted ways

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
See comments in https://m.pinkbike.com/news/review-saracen-myst-29.html

"@muyguapa @sewer-rat @mizzter-b @smithcreek @lance2012 We appreciate Paul's contributions and the many progressive ideas he championed in his time here. Our parting of the ways had absolutely nothing to do with his excellent ENVE review. My technical editorial team has the responsibility to give fair, independent, and unbiased reviews. There's no pulling punches when products don't work for us.

We wish Paul the best in whatever comes next, and he'll stay part of the PB extended family—I'm sure we'll cross paths lots in the future!"

He probably talked about gearboxes one too many times...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
See comments in https://m.pinkbike.com/news/review-saracen-myst-29.html

"@muyguapa @sewer-rat @mizzter-b @smithcreek @lance2012 We appreciate Paul's contributions and the many progressive ideas he championed in his time here. Our parting of the ways had absolutely nothing to do with his excellent ENVE review. My technical editorial team has the responsibility to give fair, independent, and unbiased reviews. There's no pulling punches when products don't work for us.

We wish Paul the best in whatever comes next, and he'll stay part of the PB extended family—I'm sure we'll cross paths lots in the future!"

He probably talked about gearboxes one too many times...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Just read the enve review...damm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
That Enve review did not read well.
What a shocker.
Respect to PB for not editing or glossing over the failures.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cant believe I missed that ENVE review. I can't help but feel the review has something to do with him moving on though. From the sound of the test it seems like they had a downhill rider on an e-mtb and just thrashing it. He even mentions in the review that he had another upcoming e-mtb review so I reckon something had to have changed that plan that quickly.

clockworked

Like an orange
Better at honest reviews. I feel like if you've read heaps of levy's reviews you can tell when he is using his 11/10 phrases instead of his usually 15/10 descriptors when he doesn't like something. But normally he LOVES everything and every product is a MASSIVE step forward and will REVOLUTIONIZE riding.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didn't see the Enve review until this thread prompted me to find it.... Brutal. Love it. That should be the benchmark for all reviews.

Warp

Likes Dirt
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review-enve-m735e-wheelset.html

Thats the review link chaps.
With those failures, I'm surprised that review was written so calmly!
It was written very professionally I think. Enve was given every chance to make it good and defend themselves.
It's Enve who has to take a good hard look at themselves.
How did those issues arise?
How on earth you let a less than perfect product get to the hands of a journo that had issues with your product in the first place?

Look at it this way... someone along the production line did not make their work properly. Then, someone who was supposed to check for that did fuck all. After that, someone who was supposed to send a journo a replacement product did not care to check that it was perfect.

Looks like they either don't care or they have a culture of "it not my farking job"

BT180

Max Pfaff
Comments in that review by staff confirm the review has nothing to do with them parting ways.