Looks like the sram geo-block has reached germany.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kind of surprising as SRAM have been one of the least conservative of the distributors. I mean look at Shimano, they just take the p!ss.
Then again, that's like being one of the least conservative in the LNP right faction I suppose.
Is SS the equivalent extreme move for ppl who despise both major parties?

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I honestly think Shimano can get screwed. how can I buy a c50 wheelset for 200 dollars cheaper than the LBS ? they must be ripping a shit tonne of people who shop at stores off. It is ok though because the shop takes the blame. The reps in aus are useless and their product support is terrible (don't get me started on fox). At least SRAM are standing behind the LBS, providing great product service and actually know what mtb is.
I know there's the whole cheaper thing but when a few of us got the same bikes at the same time from My Mountain SRAM aus really came to the party with working out a group deal, and then to top it off later my fork needed a new csu and they replaced the whole thing gratis. Can't complain!

tunsis

Likes Bikes
I was just allowed to order some Rockshox forks from bike-components.de - will update as to whether they revoke the order or not....

tunsis

Likes Bikes
My Lyriks from bike-components-de were just delivered.

Took a bit of time in the mail but cant complain, the shipping cost of 20 Euros from Germany to here was cheaper than shipping a box that size domestically.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Good one Sram.

I've just got to laugh at this shit.

"Rockshox Issues Warning Over Missing Serial Numbers
by Andi Sykes
March 29, 2017
Have you been tempted by a cheap pair of Rockshox forks online? Found a deal that’s just been too good to refuse? Perhaps you’ve received said fork, but then you’ve noticed a small blemish on the back of the fork crown – kind of like the serial number has been removed? Rockshox is warning that you should stay*well away from such forks. And well,*if it seems like a deal that’s too good to be true, than it probably is…
In a “Consumer Alert” on the SRAM website, a Rockshox Authentication Notice has been posted, warning customers of the potential problems and/or dangers of buying Rockshox forks that have had the serial number removed.
SRAM (owner of the RockShox brand) states that there has been a considerable increase in the number of Rockshox branded suspension forks sold online which have had the unique serial number removed.

If the serial number has been removed you should avoid!
The serial number is found on the fork crown, and is typically etched into the metal surface. A number of reports have found that forks have been sold and bought with this serial number scratched off the surface of the crown (like in the image above).*And what’s bad about that? Well aside from voiding any warranty that you think you may have had (RockShox forks sold through authorised retailers come with a 2-year warranty), SRAM is sending out an official warning that forks that have had the numbers removed could be potentially dangerous to use. Or they*may in fact, even be counterfeit forks!
Advertisement

Singletrack Forum members have already started to speculate that those forks with serial numbers removed could be OEM forks that aren’t intended to be sold directly to customers. They could also be from overseas markets, or they might even be forks that have been remanufactured using warranty parts by unscrupulous venders.
If you’re not sure what to do*the general rule from SRAM seems to be that you should avoid any fork*if the serial number isn’t visible. If you are still concerned about your fork you should get in contact with your local authorised Rockshox dealer."

http://singletrackworld.com/2017/03/rockshox-issues-warning-over-missing-serial-numbers/

grumpy

Squid
bike-components is still shipping to Australia. got 2 xx1 cassettes and 6 xx1 chains only took 12 day to arrive.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I've just got to laugh at this shit.

"Rockshox Issues Warning Over Missing Serial Numbers
by Andi Sykes
March 29, 2017
Have you been tempted by a cheap pair of Rockshox forks online? Found a deal that’s just been too good to refuse? Perhaps you’ve received said fork, but then you’ve noticed a small blemish on the back of the fork crown – kind of like the serial number has been removed? Rockshox is warning that you should stay*well away from such forks. And well,*if it seems like a deal that’s too good to be true, than it probably is…
In a “Consumer Alert” on the SRAM website, a Rockshox Authentication Notice has been posted, warning customers of the potential problems and/or dangers of buying Rockshox forks that have had the serial number removed.
SRAM (owner of the RockShox brand) states that there has been a considerable increase in the number of Rockshox branded suspension forks sold online which have had the unique serial number removed.

If the serial number has been removed you should avoid!
The serial number is found on the fork crown, and is typically etched into the metal surface. A number of reports have found that forks have been sold and bought with this serial number scratched off the surface of the crown (like in the image above).*And what’s bad about that? Well aside from voiding any warranty that you think you may have had (RockShox forks sold through authorised retailers come with a 2-year warranty), SRAM is sending out an official warning that forks that have had the numbers removed could be potentially dangerous to use. Or they*may in fact, even be counterfeit forks!
Advertisement

Singletrack Forum members have already started to speculate that those forks with serial numbers removed could be OEM forks that aren’t intended to be sold directly to customers. They could also be from overseas markets, or they might even be forks that have been remanufactured using warranty parts by unscrupulous venders.
If you’re not sure what to do*the general rule from SRAM seems to be that you should avoid any fork*if the serial number isn’t visible. If you are still concerned about your fork you should get in contact with your local authorised Rockshox dealer."

http://singletrackworld.com/2017/03/rockshox-issues-warning-over-missing-serial-numbers/
So SRAM is prepared to simply lie to the consumer. It's pretty obvious why the numbers could be removed, and most of the those why's revolve on how badly sram is likely to treat their onsellers who don't tow the sram line.

Great to hear about bike-component . They have always been cheapest anyhow for forks

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
how are the serial numbers on those components? :dance:

really tempted to get a GX upgrade kit now....

Flow-Rider

Burner
So SRAM is prepared to simply lie to the consumer. It's pretty obvious why the numbers could be removed, and most of the those why's revolve on how badly sram is likely to treat their onsellers who don't tow the sram line.

Great to hear about bike-component . They have always been cheapest anyhow for forks
Yeah, pretty obvious hey. Fibica on Fleabay have been grinding the numbers off for years on brake sets, if you need warranty just send them to whom you bought them from.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
how are the serial numbers on those components? :dance:

really tempted to get a GX upgrade kit now....
Who cares if your only buying drivetrain wear items and not a fork?? SRAM can suck me off if they think i'm gonna pay Aussie prices for their overpriced junk.