AM Lost in Transition or #halfbikeonoven

Minlak

custom titis
Looks tops mate, how good are the Michelin's! I've got some in 27.5 2.8 on my sons bike and the grip is sensational, tyre wear is another matter....
I run the Michelin on my hardtail and looked at them the other day and thought wow they seem really worn for the miles they have done - thought I was just imagining it - but now know I was right

moorey

call me Mia
I run the Michelin on my hardtail and looked at them the other day and thought wow they seem really worn for the miles they have done - thought I was just imagining it - but now know I was right
The plural of anecdote is anecdotes...I’m just not seeing it so far. You running soft compound?

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My young bloke runs soft, but only because they were on special at TBE for $55. He won't be tearing the cornering knobs off like Felix, more likely from doing skids to impress his mates but he's 12 so I suppose I can forgive that.

moorey

call me Mia
My young bloke runs soft, but only because they were on special at TBE for $55. He won't be tearing the cornering knobs off like Felix, more likely from doing skids to impress his mates but he's 12 so I suppose I can forgive that.
And I got this compound because Zee Germans had on sale. Any softer and they would have struggled at Maydena as it dried up. Felix could feel the squirm in the fast hardpack corners and berms. I can’t.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
And I got this compound because Zee Germans had on sale. Any softer and they would have struggled at Maydena as it dried up. Felix could feel the squirm in the fast hardpack corners and berms. I can’t.
Which one is soft and hard? Is gumX soft?

moorey

call me Mia
@Live2DieTrying I have numerous old oranges needing wheels. More importantly, I have Felix dented arch and flow I couldn’t find replacements for.

You won’t want to hear that I just bought wheels for my mate off a burner. Hope Evo on 26” flows. $150 plus post. That was cruel, sorry, don’t read that.

Wish I’d kept them for myself TBH :(

Last edited:

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fair enough. At least they are keeping your older bikes going strong.
I did see your wanted add for wheels a few weeks back and was kinda jealous with what your mate was getting actually! Bargain!