Luke Madill seriously injured

stinkytodamax

Likes Dirt
Damn that sounds bad.

I hate hearing about our champions being injured so badly.

All the best to Luke and his family for a speedy recovery and I'm sure we all look forward to seeing him back on a bike of any sort. Look at Johnnie Wadel DH demon now enduro trooper.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Good luck to luke with a speedy recovery. His one of australia's best Bmx and 4x rider's. I think we'd hate to lose you from both sport's.

Jacko Wacko

Banned
old news, but still important.

i still do not know how he crashed!

best wishes to luke...

Last edited:

Jimmy401

Likes Dirt
aww that sucks really bad, loss of a ledgened, hope to see you up again really soon, i have a friend in a simular condition (broken neck quite badly) so condolencies to all those out with injuries, and hope to see u riding hard again soon..

Get better luke and Cam

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
I heard about Luke’s injury, but did not know that it was this serious. I wish him a full and speedy recovery. Luke is a very talented BMX racer, who is known all over the world. I live in the States, and anyone who follows BMX knows Luke. I hate hearing news like this...

Lube

Likes Dirt
Top bloke that one. Sad to see something so bad happen to him, and although he needs all the support he can get, I'm sure he would want us to be riding :) Just keep him in the back of ya mind, and push through the pain when your out riding, just for him.
Hope all gets well ASAP so you can go back to kicking some 4X and BMX butt

Cheers

Fischy

Likes Bikes
LewisKerr said:
Just keep him in the back of ya mind, and push through the pain when your out riding, just for him.
I like that... Its profound :) Next time I cane myself on a bike (give me a few days.. :D ) I'll try and remember that!

Seriously tho, some of the injuries these guys get are pretty damn horrific; I find it particularly scary to think that Luke was bleeding from the eyes and nose... I wish him all the best with his recovery.

DOM

Eats Squid
MELBOURNE - 19/5/6

As you may be aware, Luke Madill (GT Bicycles Australia’s #1 Pro) was seriously injured in a crash at the BMX Nationals in Adelaide. Luke suffered three broken vertebrae in his back and one in his neck, a broken hand and a broken nose.

It is with huge relief that we announce Luke is now at home and making a strong recovery. Stephen Robinson and Brad Bates visited him during the week. Stephen was a little shocked when he saw Luke in the neck brace, but has advised that “Luke is looking fit and well, and appeared to be no different, apart from a stiff upper body and neck”.

Luke is maintaining a super positive attitude and plans to be back on his bike as soon as possible.

All the staff at GT Bicycles Australia wish Luke a speedy recovery.