Lyre Lyre rebuild - Silvan

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After a massive effort by the local trail fairy's Lyre Lyre has finally reopened for the first time since storms wiped out the trail.
Due to the extensive timber down the only way was to do a complete realignment of the top 3rd of the trail.
This video shows the complete new section which ends after the revamped larger gap jump.
It's an awesome trail, get out and take a look if you get the chance.

This also happened to be my final moment before breaking my ankle after falling awkwardly onto a fallen tree, as some guys will be aware of from the what did you do with your bike today thread. I don't hold this trail responsible lol.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I didn’t realise it just opened. I was out there today and headed up to ride it. Trail builders have done an outstanding job.

Hopefully it gets a bit of rain soon to bed in a bit. The fresh section at the top was full of moon dust and rocks but the track itself is great.

Not easy but highly recommended if you are out that way.

Edit: sorry to hear about your ankle @Chriso_29er Take it easy on your recovery

Flow-Rider

Burner
That clay base trail is going to make that timber awfully slippery. I've broken ribs twice, once on a berm and then on a bridge. The first time there was a bit of clay on the front tyre from light rain, and it was like adding a bit of soap to the wood. The second time, people had skidded loose dust all over the narrow bridge, I lost the front wheel, and then came down on the edge of the bridge with my ribs.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
That clay base trail is going to make that timber awfully slippery. I've broken ribs twice, once on a berm and then on a bridge. The first time there was a bit of clay on the front tyre from light rain, and it was like adding a bit of soap to the wood. The second time, people had skidded loose dust all over the narrow bridge, I lost the front wheel, and then came down on the edge of the bridge with my ribs.
@Plankosaurus - you logged into the wrong account?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After a massive effort by the local trail fairy's Lyre Lyre has finally reopened for the first time since storms wiped out the trail.
Due to the extensive timber down the only way was to do a complete realignment of the top 3rd of the trail.
This video shows the complete new section which ends after the revamped larger gap jump.
It's an awesome trail, get out and take a look if you get the chance.

This also happened to be my final moment before breaking my ankle after falling awkwardly onto a fallen tree, as some guys will be aware of from the what did you do with your bike today thread. I don't hold this trail responsible lol.

Sorry to hear this. Hope it is all healing well after any required surgery.

It's such a good trail with some very interesting features.

There's a couple of sections I feel beyond my pay grade / appetite for risk so I'm walking them unashamedly.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Rode it today for the first time since the rebuild, it’s great. Was very dusty on the new stuff up top but will only get better as some of the lines cut in more with riding (and I learn them!) and bed when the rain eventually comes.

Sorry to hear of the injuries @Chriso_29er and @CHEWY, though appreciate the heads up to take it easy on the first sighting run!