Lysterfield MTB Park Trail Building

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
Sorry to be a pain, but just want to clarify whether the jumps/pump track is "open" for riding?

I know some of the trails at Lysty are now open, but just wondering if it's ok to ride the pump track when the weather drys up a little?

Thanks
The best place to check would be LysterfieldMTB.com

At the moment the pump track is closed because the tread is still a little soft!

there is a track closed sign! and bunting (but that doesn't seem to stop people at Lysty!)

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Easter Trail Building

All,

Just a reminder that the Easter Trail Building day is on this Friday & Saturday.

Mini Digger will be on site so a little less digging and alot more trail distance to be covered.

We will be working on Hug and Upper Blair Witch Trails and hope to open these trails after the build sessions.

See you there.

LabRat

Likes Dirt
Just another silly question... Can I bring my bike to ride to the trail build site? Don't know if I will have my car available?

Thanks!

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Yeah please bring along as we will need a few bikes on the day, re-aligning some of the trails and need it to be tested before we dig in all the drainage and finish the trail off.

Cheers Olly.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
wow what an epic trail build! how many berms did we build? Anyway well done everyone you have all earned the right to eat as many easter eggs as you like!:)

danncam

Likes Dirt
lost my samsung phone on the trail build

Good fun today helping out at my first trail build, but lost my phone :( along the trail somewhere. If anyone sees it can you contact me on 97665667.
Thanks,
Campbell

Olly76

Likes Dirt
9 Berms in total and hopefully all will rock :D. Will take a while to ride in but when it has bedded in I think it should run quite well.

Should now call it Upper Buckle flow trail...... Thanks for all who attended could not have done so much without the 30 bodies that attended in total.

danncam

Likes Dirt
Thanks again for finding my phone Olly. Thanks Trailmix for keeping it till I could pick it up.

Had a go on the pump track, apart from me being shit, it was fun and it is built really well.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Next Trail Building date yet to be confirmed but will be around the 21st of May, either week before or after if not on that weekend.

Next 6 months of Trail Building will be put on lysterfieldmtb.com forum when confirmed by the committe.

Cheers Olly

Cranker

Likes Dirt
Trail building dates

Hope to see heaps of people there so we can get the park back into shape again!!!:)

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I must say to all those responsible it is great to see some genuine trail progress at Lysterfield and it appears the park is now in good hands with an organised group of dedicated volunteers charging ahead in the right direction. There has been so much talk for a long period of time and it really is fantastic to see Lysty start to live up to some of its potential to be a great MTB venue.

Congrats to those responsible, keep up the good work. Pity I cant ride for another few months but as soon as I'm ready I will certainly be heading back out there to check the good work that has been done.