VIC Lysterfield Park

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
eh? rode it last night and didnt see any nasty signs

Kudos to andy dave and ra and all the others that helped out on it tho...that track is so awesome it hurts

landy_man

Likes Dirt
big sign at the beginning of the track that says it's closed.. with lots of bunting tape too..

well it was on the weekend.. and people were still riding it :yell::yell: ..

i was pretty stuffed after riding all day then thought about a last quick squirt down.. powered (puffed) up Lamberts and saw it closed.. so did the right thing.. but obviously.. some don't care if a track is closed.. saw 4 younger kids riding it.. and 2 older guys.. the older guys should know better.. unless they got on the track at the "wall ride" section :yell::yell:

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Lysterfield swap meet

2013 Lysterfield Bicycle Swap Meet.

Finally a chance to get rid of all that old bike clutter. Load up the car and come on down to Lysterfield Park on

Saturday 23 February 2013, 9am to 2pm in the Mahogany car park (just inside the main gates).

Individual Stalls - $15, Commercial stalls - $120. Stalls are approx 3m x 3m.

LDTR will be holding a sausage sizzle, and club membership will be available.

All money raised goes to LDTR and the Lysterfield Park trails.

To register for a stall, please email secretary@lysterfieldmtb.com

Please help promote this LDTR Club event. PM me your email and I will send you the Swap Meet PDF flyer.

landy_man

Likes Dirt
anyone know where "bermacide" is..

it's listed on the Lyster website.. but not on the map..

Also, anyone know when Aneurysm is going to be open again.. such a great track..

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
anyone know where "bermacide" is..

it's listed on the Lyster website.. but not on the map..

Also, anyone know when Aneurysm is going to be open again.. such a great track..

It's a bit confusing, I think I have this right:
Bermacide is the trail at the end of Follow Me directly across Boys Farm Track. The sign at the start calls it "Buckle Up", which should be the trail about 100m further up Boys farm track on the same side. Seems like the sign was put there in error but has stuck...

No idea about Aneurism. Last weekend there was no tape blocking it, but the tape was just chucked on the side of the trail. Can't really imagine anyone official taking the tape down and just leaving it in the bush. If some random punter removed it they are a double twat - one for taking it upon themselves to open the trail and two for littering a nice place. If someone official did open it and just dump the tape, I forgive you... thanks for all the good work! Like Landy Man says - a great track.

So whats the go for next build day? (16 FEB) Link between Granite link, to Aneurysm? Continue/upgrade Follow me? Or start planning/building a new 'proper dh' course?

OT

Likes Dirt
So whats the go for next build day? (16 FEB) Link between Granite link, to Aneurysm? Continue/upgrade Follow me? Or start planning/building a new 'proper dh' course?
A 'proper dh' at Lysterfield? There isn't enough elevation at Lysterfield. Even if you could go from the trig point into Aneurysm there would be to much pedaling for a dh bike.

Speaking of Aneurysm I think it looks pretty good. A few nice table tops at the start, nice and flowy berms, little gap at the end. Perfect for a xc/trail bike.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Sorry for the noob question, but where would I find "Aneurysm"? It's not on the latest version of the Lysterfield trail map and I'm really keen to ride it.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A 'proper dh' at Lysterfield? There isn't enough elevation at Lysterfield. Even if you could go from the trig point into Aneurysm there would be to much pedaling for a dh bike.

Speaking of Aneurysm I think it looks pretty good. A few nice table tops at the start, nice and flowy berms, little gap at the end. Perfect for a xc/trail bike.

Im not sure where Aneurysm is, but there used to be a pretty good DH run down the back side of the trig hill (towards the quarry) some really awesome terrain down there, this is years before the com games when all the trails in Lysty were pretty good and not over used and stuffed. Anyways it finished at the cross roads that heads up to the trig hill. If the new trail used the terrain better I cant see why a semi decent DH run couldnt be put in there again.

Just looked at the map.. If it was still there it would tie up really well, yeah a bit pedally for a DH bike but certainly the longest decent in Lysty by far.

The way I see it getting more trails in the park is only going to spread the traffic over a larger area..
Rhys

Last edited:

Nautonier

Eats Squid

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Found Aneurism yesterday and it looks totally amazing, but I really don't understand why it is closed for 'trail maintenance'. The track looks to be in perfect shape and it looks like heaps of people have been riding it anyway. I understand that it makes sense to try and keep inexperienced riders off it to stop them from hurting themselves, but perhaps a sign warning of the dangers (features) would suffice and the rest of the riding population could enjoy what looks to be an absolutely epic AM trail.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Will be open once we have signed it and get final PV approval.

I know we would like it to be open but things take time. All club committe have been super busy with work, Xmas and upcoming build and swap meet...

I will try and get some final signs to PV to make and we can hopefully put up at the next trail build.