VIC Lysterfield Park

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Not sure how the skills park is coming along as I didn't ride over that way yesterday.
However Lower buckle area has been pretty flogged by the rain so either avoid or please ride slowly, carefully and respectfully to not do to much major damage to the trails.
Once you get a bit higher in elevation it cleans off pretty well. Aneurism and follow me are still in good nick, few little puddles here and there but nothing major.
Only did a few laps of them so don't have a report of the rest of the park as I was a tad tired and sore from footy Saturday.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Think it's pretty much done, they are just waiting for approval now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
No A little more work to go.

Bottom berms on the green run need a good tweak. To fast into them and transition for the beginners is a little tough. Saw a newbie go over the bars. Was quite funny but must admit had a loose moment myself :)

Also fencing, bike rack, signage to go before we can open. Also walked it and still very soft so will need to keep off it till the whole area dry's out.

I think a couple of months at best due to the wet weather.

Optic

Likes Dirt
No A little more work to go.

Bottom berms on the green run need a good tweak. To fast into them and transition for the beginners is a little tough. Saw a newbie go over the bars. Was quite funny but must admit had a loose moment myself :)

Also fencing, bike rack, signage to go before we can open. Also walked it and still very soft so will need to keep off it till the whole area dry's out.

I think a couple of months at best due to the wet weather.
Sweet now we all know exactly whats going on.

Zam

Likes Dirt
Yeah I was out Sunday around midday, started riding and trails weren't too bad, but the rain came and trails became quite slippery etc, so cut the ride short and moved to the fire trails, as mentioned the higher trails were in quite good nik, but some of the lower ones were starting to show signs of wear with the wetter weather.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode Lystie today in the pissing down rain

I only live 15 mins ride away so did a perimeter lap of the fire trails for some exercise

Never ever seen it so wet, there were ducks swimming on/in the firetrails!!!

FYI, for those guys who ride over wellington road there is a tree down on the short single track section (from the big rocks to the lights at lystie road). It's in the single track section in the trees, I had to stop and walk under it as it is low arcoss the trail

teK--

Eats Squid
Rode Lystie today in the pissing down rain

I only live 15 mins ride away so did a perimeter lap of the fire trails for some exercise

Never ever seen it so wet, there were ducks swimming on/in the firetrails!!!

FYI, for those guys who ride over wellington road there is a tree down on the short single track section (from the big rocks to the lights at lystie road). It's in the single track section in the trees, I had to stop and walk under it as it is low arcoss the trail
Yeah I decided to brave the rain today and had a blast! Although lots of areas underwater the trail surface was still pretty good. Rocks and logs were bloody slippery today though had quite a few close calls. See the huge fallen tree at carpark at top of Hug Decscent?

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I decided to brave the rain today and had a blast! Although lots of areas underwater the trail surface was still pretty good. Rocks and logs were bloody slippery today though had quite a few close calls. See the huge fallen tree at carpark at top of Hug Decscent?
Nah missed that one

But saw about 1000 Roos!

Nearly got hit by 2, never seen so many

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Spent a few hours there this morning, plenty of riders and runners about, stunning day and perfect conditions on the trails. I'm glad that's another Winter done, although this week it's cooling down again apparently.

omac

Likes Dirt
I had to cut my ride short on my Wednesday after work ride to rescue this little guy
baby roo1.jpg Baby roo2.jpg Baby roo3.jpg

I found him alone at the top of the comm track calling out for his mum, so I sat with him for 1/2 hour before I put him in my bag & dropped him off at the Vet.
The Vet said he most likely fell out.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
O.M.G!

1. Cuteness overload1
2. You sir are my hero! Not too many people would take the time to do what you did. Nice word mate!

takai

Eats Squid
Awwww, cuteness overload. I saw a couple of big 'roos around the CGT climb on the weekend. Maybe one of theirs?

omac

Likes Dirt
I just called the vet & they said he'll be with the wild life carer until his big enough to return to the park & party with his mates:party: