VIC Lysterfield Park

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Haha that I'd like to see. Just make sure you wear full lycra when you do it. And no CX wheels/tyres, just plain old 23c road tyres with zero tread.
Can do, the sun backed hard pack there is perfect, its the loose stuff and gravel which is deadly on road tyres. Just need a aero helmet to wear.

I road the delatite a few years ago from box corner to the bottom on the road bike, to be honest it wasn't fun and it was slowest run that ever been done with out a stop. The only really bad bits where the two climbs, and a couple of the steep entries and exits off the bridges. A lot rougher now, not sure I'd be happy to do it again on my own wheels.

That impressive roller blading, I'd be amazed if someone rolled on by whilst out on the MTB.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If there's guys riding MTB trails on roller blades I don't think he'd have a problem riding Aneurysm on a roadie lol.
[video=youtube;4UM3i_qAoSU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UM3i_qAoSU[/video]
How the fuck does he stop!

slowmick

38-39"
Need a cigarette

A huge thanks to the people who build the track that shall not be mentioned. took me ages to find it but my god it was worth it. No handrails, wheelchair access or giftshop - just a ripper of a track. I'd like to buy you guys a drink, thanks heaps :thumb:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
A huge thanks to the people who build the track that shall not be mentioned. took me ages to find it but my god it was worth it. No handrails, wheelchair access or giftshop - just a ripper of a track. I'd like to buy you guys a drink, thanks heaps :thumb:
Did you do the long or short version?

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Parks have organiesd some fire prevention works in that are of the park. The longer version is going to need some maintenance as there are a heap of fallen trees/sticks/leaves across the track. Hopefully it doesn't cause any track issues.

slowmick

38-39"
i assume i road the full length. it took me a couple of trips to the top to find the entrance to the trail. i headed off on a number of roo tracks thinking it just had a bit of leaf litter on it. i met someone near the mid way point after giving up the first time and going back down along the fence line. you need to know what you are looking for which is probably a good thing.

Let's hope that fire prevention isn't done the same way as one tree hill where they let DSE burn it all.

Boom King

i assume i road the full length. it took me a couple of trips to the top to find the entrance to the trail. i headed off on a number of roo tracks thinking it just had a bit of leaf litter on it. i met someone near the mid way point after giving up the first time and going back down along the fence line. you need to know what you are looking for which is probably a good thing.

Let's hope that fire prevention isn't done the same way as one tree hill where they let DSE burn it all.
About 2/3rds of the way down there is an easy to miss left option that doubles the trail length. It's a bit pedally with a few more skinnies and log jumps etc.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Spiders at night. Wow the population of spiders is healthy. I think it's the Orb Spider and his web I keep riding into. Going over the log jump in Blair Witch and got a web face first mid air. Had the heebeegeebies for the rest of the night.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spiders at night. Wow the population of spiders is healthy. I think it's the Orb Spider and his web I keep riding into. Going over the log jump in Blair Witch and got a web face first mid air. Had the heebeegeebies for the rest of the night.
I just completed a lap at Lystie, love the spider webs in the dark! Absolute a million roos on the trails this morning

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Top of 38 tomorrow. Cool change is due in the afternoon, if it's not stupidly hot I might get out for a pedal.

Zam

Likes Dirt
This week, ill be heading out Thursday after work, cool change through by then and hopefully a little rain on the trails to make em nice an grippy

Boom King

Was out there today with a mate. Parks are doing a clearout in preparation for a burn on the north side. It's happening in the lower part between Lysterfield Road and Dargon Track.

They had the trail blocked at the mid point, where it crosses the east-west fire trail.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Lap of comm games tonight. It tried to rain

Echidna x1
Possums x3
Black rock wallaby x1
Roos x infinity^3
Griff the goat no where to be seen
Spiders x lots

Very peaceful.

cogs19

Likes Bikes
Griff the goat
Oh wow, he has a name.

A few weeks back I nearly came off my bike when I saw Griff. He was standing right next to a large kangaroo. I saw the kangaroo and did a double-take when I saw what looked like a giant goat right next to it. I lost my line and left the trail and had to fight a forced dismount. I have wondered ever since if my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Just for reference I was on Comm games track just after the granite link (??) section as you come down the flowy single track.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Oh wow, he has a name.

A few weeks back I nearly came off my bike when I saw Griff. He was standing right next to a large kangaroo. I saw the kangaroo and did a double-take when I saw what looked like a giant goat right next to it. I lost my line and left the trail and had to fight a forced dismount. I have wondered ever since if my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Just for reference I was on Comm games track just after the granite link (??) section as you come down the flowy single track.
I've seen Griff the most at the Granite Rock Gardens, where the Granite Link Trail meets Comms Games. He loves standing on top of the boulders, but can jump off alarmingly fast. Seems very scared of humans.