VIC Lysterfield Park

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Will be open once we have signed it and get final PV approval.

I know we would like it to be open but things take time. All club committe have been super busy with work, Xmas and upcoming build and swap meet...

I will try and get some final signs to PV to make and we can hopefully put up at the next trail build.

Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation and thanks to the club for making great trails like this happen.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Good news...........granite link is now ready to roll :dance: new entry 30 meters further along from the original. Also a cheeky A line to be ridden.

We had 22 volunteers turn up a big thanks to all who attended..please if you have time come along to the next one, every person who attends makes a huge difference to the trails....especially when shifting half ton rocks.

Next build will be Saturday 16th of March. To be confirmed what project we will be on.

Overall a big improvement and will surely will not be eroding anytime soon. Thanks guys wish I could have made it that morning. Is the 'A Line' the super steep rock chute after the 2nd drop..? I'll have to work up to that. I'm keen to do something with the lower half as it sort of peters out... Rock garden and legit link to anuerism.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Overall a big improvement and will surely will not be eroding anytime soon. Thanks guys wish I could have made it that morning. Is the 'A Line' the super steep rock chute after the 2nd drop..? I'll have to work up to that. I'm keen to do something with the lower half as it sort of peters out... Rock garden and legit link to anuerism.
That is the C line after the A :heh:

A Line is higher up before you hit the Rocky Shoot......

Yep further works in plan...jump to be changed one very hard rock garden and improvement to the speed, berms and overall flow. Link to Anuerism to be done as well.

Not sure when works will continue but will be posted

" Retro please be carefull not sure if you can get down without an off :tape:"

danncam

Likes Dirt
No need for the farking aggression

Went for a ride this morning. To the fellow who was so angry to see us riding on the new anuerysm trail, your very aggressive "fucking..." rant was unnecessary. Yep, I get you must be frustrated at the fact that the bunting was hardly visible in its tattered torn state. But I get the trail is rideable, is being ridden, and since I have been riding at lystie since 1998, I admit I have been riding "illegal" trails since then. I have only once helped out at a lystie trail day, so don't have your ownership of the trails, but chillax mate. You did not do ltdr any favors by being an agro manchild.

Last edited:

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Sat 16th March Build day

Hi All

Sorry for the late post.....

We have a trail build this coming Saturday we will be tweaking aneurism, placing some sign post fixing some features and hopefully having it ready for inspection.

Also a small crew to continue works on Granite and maybe even a crew up to CGT to repair some of the braking ruts....

If you have time please come along and help keep Lysty an awesome place to ride..

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi All

Sorry for the late post.....

We have a trail build this coming Saturday we will be tweaking aneurism, placing some sign post fixing some features and hopefully having it ready for inspection.

Also a small crew to continue works on Granite and maybe even a crew up to CGT to repair some of the braking ruts....

If you have time please come along and help keep Lysty an awesome place to ride..
Hey there

I haven't been on this thread in ages, so hadn't seen the post about a trail crew today, sorry.

Anyway, I went out to Lysty today, first time in over 12 months, have to say it is much improved. Sadly no aneurism today, obviously because of trail works, so that's cool.

I have a question for the crowd though, what if any kind of rules are in play out there for yielding on shared trails? I couldn't see any info at the trail head, so I just went with the IMBA view of yield to the person coming up the hill. This is clearly not what the majority of people were thinking this morning. Made for a very frustrating ride.

If today was anything to go by, more and more people are heading out there, and this issue must be addressed. It's an accident waiting to happen, and it nearly did multiple times today.

Not good.

Thanks to all the trail fairies, you've really done some top work out there, and I will keep a closer eye on this thread in future and come and do my bit.

Grant.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey there

I have a question for the crowd though, what if any kind of rules are in play out there for yielding on shared trails? I couldn't see any info at the trail head, so I just went with the IMBA view of yield to the person coming up the hill. This is clearly not what the majority of people were thinking this morning. Made for a very frustrating ride.
It's really shit

I think there needs to be some signs/education by parks Vic

Hardly anyone gives way at lysterfield

Yes accident waiting to happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's really shit

I think there needs to be some signs/education by parks Vic

Hardly anyone gives way at lysterfield

Yes accident waiting to happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Glad you agree, and I also agree with you level of frustration, I intentionally toned down my post in fear of attack.

It really needs to be priority.

The vibe out there is very "road bike"....

Propagate

Likes Dirt
Glad you agree, and I also agree with you level of frustration, I intentionally toned down my post in fear of attack.

It really needs to be priority.

The vibe out there is very "road bike"....
You can put all the signs you like up, it's not going to stop selfish knob heads from barreling through at warp speed with complete disgregard for anyone coming the other way, regardless of who should yield.

EDITED to add:-The vast majority of people I've come across up there have been very courtious, to the point of having a little chin wag as you pass each other. There are a select few, however, that are complete dicks. It's not an "MTB/Roadie" thing, you get complete dicks in all aspects of life. Thankfully they are usually in the minority.

Last edited:

ualf

Likes Dirt
<snip>........ IMBA view of yield to the person coming up the hill. This is clearly not what the majority of people were thinking this morning. Made for a very frustrating ride.

If today was anything to go by, more and more people are heading out there, and this issue must be addressed. It's an accident waiting to happen, and it nearly did multiple times today.
Not good.
Grant,

The park rules are as you describe. As others have pointed out there are all sorts of characters on the trails. My view is that it is not worth getting frustrated and ruining a ride because of a lack of courtesy by a few but I see your point. Follow Me, Bermacide, Aneurysm, and SMBT are directional so there is ample opportunity to push yourself.

Also keep in mind that Lystie is a very busy park, so most weekends and public holidays you are best served riding very early or late to avoid traffic on the trails :)

Thanks to all the trail fairies, you've really done some top work out there, and I will keep a closer eye on this thread in future and come and do my bit.

Grant.
The best way to show your appreciation is to put Sunday April 14 0800 at Trailmix in your diary and come lend a hand.

If you cannot make it on that day, do not despair, plenty more build days scheduled --> http://lysterfieldmtb.com/working-bee/

akashra

Eats Squid
Dunno what's going on though, I rode from Wellington Road down to Middle trail via EW-break and up to the M2006 course yesterday and the dry trails were in atrocious condition. They've been cut and rutted out so much, I've never seen it that bad - it's seems to just about be a trench all the way through the singletrack.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Hi all

Month has flown by and we have a trail build coming this Sunday...

Plans will be to complete some drainage works throughout the park. We will break into smaller groups and get the trails ready for the winter rains. Maybe just maybe a couple of cheeky features along the trail as well ;D

We would love to have 20 plus builders to attend to make this a quick and easy task. Also a couple of B lines into aneurism and then we can officially open the trail. ::)

Please tell your mates as we need to get the drainage done to reduce the risk of having to close the trails over winter.

Groups leaving 8am and 10am Trailmix.

Yep Tim a bit of work needs to be done on middle if we get enough to turn up maybe we can have a look at this as well. Have some serious work that needs to be done before the new board walk to keep middle open for the winter....many hands make light work bring a crew along would be greatly appreciated.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
If you have some time tomorrow morning come along and help us improve the trails!

We have a crew heading to follow me to make a few exciting changes.

See you all there