VIC Lysterfield Park

ualf

Likes Dirt
what time you guys heading out ?? do we need to bring anything ?? cheers
Groups leaving 8am and 10am Trailmix. Hope to see you there.

Just wear appropriate clothing and good sturdy shoes and gloves. Bring something to drink and perhaps a snack.

Transport from and back to Trailmix and tools are provided.

Last edited:

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Thanks for all those who attended today.

Great turn out with 20 plus builders.

Drainage works done with some nice new features around the park.

Check out our club forum for future build dates and social rides

www.lysterfieldmtb.com

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Sat 18th May Trail Build

Ok time has come around again and we have the next trail build this coming Saturday.

Works to be carried out.

Repair of Middle Trail before and after new board walk.
Finalisation of the Jetty Landing.
Drainage works along Middle if time permits.

Please bring a wheel barrow along as we have some material to move. We will have a powered barrow and also a bobcat to load barrows. We will need at least 6 wheel barrows......

Start Time 8am Trailmix
If you would like to be picked up at 10am please post on this forum,
Last few weeks we have had to send a car back to pick up 1 builder.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
and there goes my 'get out of spending Saturday morning in Chadstone following the mrs around various clothes shops - yawn'.....bugger :frusty:

Zam

Likes Dirt
Thinking of goin for a ride this sat, reckon its gonna be too wet? or is it gonna be closed for trail building?

Cheers
I havent been out there, but i would think as we havent had rain in the last couple of days it would be near on perfect out there, it tends to drain pretty well and the trails become awesome when they hold a little moisture, sure there may some wet spots and standing water, but i cant imagine too much, if really in doubt ring Trailmix.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
was out yesterday...generally fine apart from the top section which is a bit greasy....however when riding make sure you harden up and stick to the muddy bits and don't start making b lines all over the place...some of the sections are turning into a spaghetti mess already

simonhaha

Likes Dirt
anyone know of any bike clubs or groups who do weekend rides in lysty?

My partner who I usually ride with is going overseas for a few months and I dont want to stop riding.

cheers

Propagate

Likes Dirt
anyone know of any bike clubs or groups who do weekend rides in lysty?

My partner who I usually ride with is going overseas for a few months and I dont want to stop riding.

cheers
Check out the trail meetups thread on the LDTR (lysterfield district trail riders) forum...

http://www.lysterfieldmtb.com/forum/

There's usually someone from the club out there on a weekend and there's a regular Tuesday night ride too.

Great bunch of people.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Sun 16th Trail Build Cancelled

Cancelled Trail Build

Ok we have to cancel this Sundays trail build due to Liability concerns.

We currently have an Inpass with PV in regards to liability when building and maintaining trails. We assumed that when building a new trail or maintaining trails that we were covered by PV public liability but unfortunately this is not the case. We are working closely with PV to rectify this situation but we have some way to go before we can resume our trail maintenance and trail building efforts.

We appreciate that volunteers and riders will be disappointed in this situation as it only with volunteer labour that our trails can stay in the great condition that they are in. Please respond via our forum so we can show PV how the riding community values well maintained trails.

We will resume all efforts as soon as we can sort out this current situation, in the mean time please respect the trails and ride when the weather and trail conditions are suitable.

For further info please click on below link

http://lysterfieldmtb.com/forum/index.php/board,6.0.html

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
Just came across this and think it is a case of PV not knowing their own policy and how the relationship between Owner and Occupier is supposed to work...

As far as I understand it (& I do have some knowledge of Liability Insurance), is;

a) Liability for volunteers - while participating in Club Organised Events - are covered by the Clubs Insurance,
b) Liability for the features they build, that both comply with any direction given by PV (IMBA Standards) and fall within the delegated responsibility of the club (ie. being built in areas where you're allowed to build), would be covered by Parks Vic. This is an activity that have formally approved (ie. they have accepted the risks that go with such an activity on their land), they are the owner, these "features" become part of the park, so they have liability whether they like it or not...

Not too complicated I would have thought. They haven't by any chance just got a new person responsible for "Risk/Insurance" who doesn't know what they're talking about?...

Stand to be corrected, but I would have thought from both club and PV perspective the simple answer would be to have a "formalised induction" at these sorts of events, where voluteers that come are "registered" as having completed such, and hence become formal voluteers of either the club, or PV.

Not sure who you're dealing with, but I do have some contacts at VMIA - State Government's Insurer for major claims (>$100k I beleive) - that may be able to help them understand what the answer is...

Brossie

Squid
Lysty is closed

The Lysterfield MTB trails are CLOSED.

Hi All,

Just got the official word that ALL the MTB trails in Lysterfield will be closed from today (13th June) until Sunday night (16th of June). With 3 solid days of rain all the parks are getting a heap of water on the trails and flowing through. You Yangs also has the same closures. We will advise once we hear when things will be re-opened.

Please pass the word along and let everyone know what is going on. We want to try to keep the trails open as much as possible through winter this year but they can't survive riders flogging them when they are saturated.

Thanks for being awesome.

Cheers,

LDTR Committee.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Just been up to Redesdale today as Lystie was closed and its dry as a nuns *&^% up there so if you need your MTB fix head north for the day. I only saw three small puddles on the whole loop....good times!

akashra

Eats Squid
Just been up to Redesdale today as Lystie was closed and its dry as a nuns *&^% up there so if you need your MTB fix head north for the day. I only saw three small puddles on the whole loop....good times!
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll get on to that ;)