VIC Lysterfield Park

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
Aneurysm desperately needs one way track / wrong way signage throughout.... Did 3 runs this morning and every run there was at least one nuffy riding the wrong way...

The third run it happened some old guy copped the brunt of my frustrations - but it's just not acceptable

teK--

Eats Squid
Aneurysm desperately needs one way track / wrong way signage throughout.... Did 3 runs this morning and every run there was at least one nuffy riding the wrong way...

The third run it happened some old guy copped the brunt of my frustrations - but it's just not acceptable
Agree. I also think following tracks should be one-way:

- Dogpound Descent
- Boogie Downhill

crim 87

Likes Dirt
what are you kidding me why would u even bother riding up it ?? it would be terrible , i hope u really let him know about it because that is just so stupid. trails are awsome out there at the min nice and fast super tacky plenty of friendly people out today. i gave a group of 3 guys some directions when they where a little lost

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
what are you kidding me why would u even bother riding up it ?? it would be terrible , i hope u really let him know about it because that is just so stupid. trails are awsome out there at the min nice and fast super tacky plenty of friendly people out today. i gave a group of 3 guys some directions when they where a little lost
My exact words as we went past (off the trail because he hadn't moved...) were 'come on mate..its a one way track...get the f**k off' - Contour footage to prove it..

So frustrating seeing 3-4 groups in less than an hour riding against trail direction..... Sadly Lysterfield has more than its share of idiots and novices with no clue

(obviously plenty of friendly folk too but yeah)

Last edited:

treble

Likes Dirt
Went for a pedal with a mate at Lysterfield on Wed, The new jump and drop on Follow me are good fun and a step in the right direction, may have taken a cheeky walk back up and ridden that section a couple times. Thought the wooden drop could use a longer/lower landing ramp. Hitting it with pace we were dropping to flat by a long way. just a thought...

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Went for a pedal with a mate at Lysterfield on Wed, The new jump and drop on Follow me are good fun and a step in the right direction, may have taken a cheeky walk back up and ridden that section a couple times. Thought the wooden drop could use a longer/lower landing ramp. Hitting it with pace we were dropping to flat by a long way. just a thought...
I agree about the landing for the wooden drop.

I usually am carrying a bit of pace and then some coming off that and land well past where I should be. Having said that, it's probably the only obstacle that allows me to make use of more of my suspension travel so I'm equally happy for it to stay as is.

Few more gaps or a table top would be awesome on follow me IMO.

Just a few quick questions from a noobie; When I was riding Aneurysm I noticed what looked like a transition from Granite Link to Aneurysm.

1. Is that transition ready to be used? I saw the track was cut and there were little blue flags marking it but not sure it it's ready?
2. Does it join before or after the 4 table tops? I forgot to take notice of this... cause I'm a noob.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
I agree about the landing for the wooden drop.

I usually am carrying a bit of pace and then some coming off that and land well past where I should be. Having said that, it's probably the only obstacle that allows me to make use of more of my suspension travel so I'm equally happy for it to stay as is.

Few more gaps or a table top would be awesome on follow me IMO.

Just a few quick questions from a noobie; When I was riding Aneurysm I noticed what looked like a transition from Granite Link to Aneurysm.

1. Is that transition ready to be used? I saw the track was cut and there were little blue flags marking it but not sure it it's ready?
2. Does it join before or after the 4 table tops? I forgot to take notice of this... cause I'm a noob.

Thanks in advance!
1. It is. we finished it a while ago and its been signed. its just pure laziness on my part that the flags are still there......
2. After i think

there is currently a freeze on trail work due to insurance issues as far as i know :eek:( check out lysterfield district trail riders website and forum for more info.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
1. It is. we finished it a while ago and its been signed. its just pure laziness on my part that the flags are still there......
2. After i think

there is currently a freeze on trail work due to insurance issues as far as i know :eek:( check out lysterfield district trail riders website and forum for more info.
Thanks for the info.

Sucks about the trail work freeze. Hope that all gets sorted soon and more stuff can be added to various trails. :)

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what the go with night riding at lysterfield?
Much the same as riding during the day, except kangaroos scare the crap out of you and its way more fun..

Get some decent lights and go for a pedal, the main car park closes at like 7pm (might be 8pm) but you can still get out they just shut the entrance.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Aneurism Trail Closure

Hi All.

Please note that Aneurism trail will be closed as of toady Monday the 20th of Jan.

We hope to have the trail re-open in a weeks time weather and progress dependant.

Thanks for staying off the trail whilst we re-build the top section of trail.

Olly76

Likes Dirt
Hi All.

Please note that Aneurism trail will be closed as of toady Monday the 20th of Jan.

We hope to have the trail re-open in a weeks time weather and progress dependant.

Thanks for staying off the trail whilst we re-build the top section of trail.
Ok if you are coming tomorrow can you please bring along your favorite shovel, or pruning tool.

I have not been able to arrange PV tools this time round ( no excuses but just plain forgot ). A shovel or thumping tool to get the new berms settled would be great.

Also would love to send some volunteers to comms track to prune the over grown shrubs.

dA_bOmBbIkE

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,

I lost some stuff out of my saddle bag yesterday. A multitool a cO2 cart and co2 adaptor... oh and a cookie which I was most upset about. I rode buckle, dogpund, comm games and Hug If you find anything please contact me.

Cheers

Chris

mickeytg

Likes Dirt
I noticed that Aneurism had been closed for some maintenance and saw on the LDTR website that it was open again. Any news on what was done to it? I'm riding there Monday so will probably see for myself but wanted to hear from others on whether its better or worse. I've only seen Videos and have never ridden it before. Can someone also tell me what the other trails are like such as Blair Witch?

I rode Upper and Lower Buckle back in November, enjoyed it but would say Buckle and Middle were green trails not blue but that is how I felt.

Koper25

Likes Dirt
In regards to Aneurysm; the 'jump' section is a berm section now, about 4-5 big berms. It's pretty fun, but needs some rain for it to pack down, it's super dusty atm I won't be riding it again until it rains. Still definitely worth checking out though.

mickeytg

Likes Dirt
In regards to Aneurysm; the 'jump' section is a berm section now, about 4-5 big berms. It's pretty fun, but needs some rain for it to pack down, it's super dusty atm I won't be riding it again until it rains. Still definitely worth checking out though.
Cool, thanks for the update!

mickeytg

Likes Dirt
Rode it today. Am editing the footage now. I have to say I liked it, bit rough through some sections due to roots and ruts but that's all good (I'm only complaining because it caused my GoPro chesty to shake like buggery). I wish I had gone back to do it a few more times instead of only once. I will be back for sure!

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Yeah agree. The new top section is great.

The step downs are Fun and the berms are great! The highlight how much of a noon I am.

Now if only the rest of the trail copped the same treatment!