VIC Lysterfield Park

teK--

Eats Squid
Look forward to checkin out all the recent trailbuild achievements. just got back on MTB after 2 months of nursing a shoulder injury.

Optic

Likes Dirt
If you guys need someone who can drive an excavator ( licensed to do so ) I'm more than happy to help out. Not scared of a shovel either.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
ROFL!

And those lazy jerk who are unfit and pushing like me. :p
Saw a dude riding a Specialized Demo up that firetrail alongside Aneurysm last time I was out.
Literally rode it the whole way up... super slow, but he made it!

Dude has legs of steel!

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Saw a dude riding a Specialized Demo up that firetrail alongside Aneurysm last time I was out.
Literally rode it the whole way up... super slow, but he made it!

Dude has legs of steel!
Ha! Yeah pretty impressive on a DH rig. The furthest I ever managed to ride my DH Comp was just past the tree berm/drop thing.

Almost died.

Once I get my new bike I will have to challenge myself to ride up. Though it would be the most half added effort riding back down. Lol.

ray_c_au

Likes Bikes
dude on the demo is an absolute animal, bear in mind does the full xc loop on 8" DH bike with a 11-21 cassette

teK--

Eats Squid
There were several regulars the last few times I went there on all kinds of crazy bikes, Session, Glory, Stinkys it makes me wonder which trails there are enjoyable on those bikes.

Zam

Likes Dirt
Yeah certainly good work n a demo, I do it on my s-works enduro and find it a real struggle but make it up, then it is only a half arsed effort on the way down is I am so buggered....

redbruce

Eats Squid
Here's an idea, maybe rather than labeling riders with less skill as 'idiots' we could actually look at trail design solutions that mitigate damage due to a variety of riding styles. It may be that rock armouring that area is necessary if rutting or forming of brake bumps is occuring, or the corner/lead-up re-aligned to actually handle the use of the area.
Agreed.

Always interesting to read any type of feedback. There are a number of views held by the individuals doing the work on these trails, I expect that once the changes have bedded down some adjustments will be made.
I assume most riders who spend any time at Lysterfield are aware that the best place to provide this feedback is the LDTR Forum at lysterfieldmtb.com which is one place the tail builders are sure to see it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
What is the process the track planners go through to plan, design and implement proposed changes and what is the approval process?

Is compliance with IMBA design rules mandatory?

Last edited:

ray_c_au

Likes Bikes
the animal on the demo rode again and just for kicks did some uphill bunny hops while the rest of us were struggling to just ride up

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode there Monday night. Great work on the trail maintenance guys.
First time riding at night. Loved it. Had a bar mounted light and a underpowered head torch. Definitely need a better helmet mounted light next time. Riding at night was a lot of fun. Saw two Owls which you don't get to see during the day and the walabies are not as quick at moving off but I'm keen to do more. With daylight after work vanishing it will soon be all I can do anyway.

Zam

Likes Dirt
Rode there Monday night. Great work on the trail maintenance guys.
First time riding at night. Loved it. Had a bar mounted light and a underpowered head torch. Definitely need a better helmet mounted light next time. Riding at night was a lot of fun. Saw two Owls which you don't get to see during the day and the walabies are not as quick at moving off but I'm keen to do more. With daylight after work vanishing it will soon be all I can do anyway.
Yeah I am riding Sunday morning, and have a set of lights on order so once they arrive I will be giving night riding a crack and seeing what its like...

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Yeah there was.
Last time I was out at Lysterfield it seemed to be freshly burned.
Really strong smell of smoke.
I think I've seen your bike around - are you the guy who takes a ciggie after the end of each run?

We need some RB stickers with customised forum names!

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They have been doing a fair bit of controlled burning in the area. Some at Churchill and Kalista also. Does smell a bit.