VIC Lysterfield Park

Salival

Likes Bikes
I think I've seen your bike around - are you the guy who takes a ciggie after the end of each run?

We need some RB stickers with customised forum names!

I stop after pretty much every run because I'm horribly unfit, but I don't smoke! Haha.
Before I got my Zesty a few months ago, I hadn't ridden a bike in at least 12 years.

I'd slap a "Salival" sticker on my bag, but people might think I'm a tad strange.
Even those from RB, because I don't post a lot!

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Saw a silver Mazda 3? Sedan parked (with park lights on) on the lower track under the dam wall last night at about 7pm. Didn't get a good look as I was in a hurry and was riding back along the wall. Shined my lights onto it and called out but no reply. Very curious to see a civilian car in the park there. Probably had some young punks hiding in the back seat upto no good but I guess it may have been stolen/dumped. Not sure how you get a car into there, I thought all the gates would be locked.

omac

Likes Dirt
Iv been riding at Lystie for 15 years & Iv certainly heard stories about collisions with Roos & I even had my fair share of close calls. Today just after I dropped in from the top of the Comm track & I came croozin around one of the flowie corners there was a a Roo on the right side of the trail, the roo could've trun right like his two other mates but Nooooo he decides to go left & cut me off. I locked up & wiped off about half of my speed before impact, both the roo & I were ok but I certainly gave him an ear full as he hopped away lol.

Moral of the story... watch out for Roos

ualf

Likes Dirt
Saw a silver Mazda 3? Sedan parked (with park lights on) on the lower track under the dam wall last night at about 7pm. Didn't get a good look as I was in a hurry and was riding back along the wall. Shined my lights onto it and called out but no reply. Very curious to see a civilian car in the park there. Probably had some young punks hiding in the back seat upto no good but I guess it may have been stolen/dumped. Not sure how you get a car into there, I thought all the gates would be locked.
Based on the area you are describing it might have been someone doing prep work for this --> http://ldtr.org/forum/index.php/topic,1419.0.html

Koper25

Likes Dirt
It was pretty dry Friday afternoon, thought it would be good again today. I rode at about 4:00 and it was pretty damn muddy. Few big puddles, but it's been worse.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Iv been riding at Lystie for 15 years & Iv certainly heard stories about collisions with Roos & I even had my fair share of close calls.

Moral of the story... watch out for Roos
Nearly ran into a whole family tonight. Was trying out my new lights and they just love standing there staring and then making off last minute - usually in some inconvenient direction.

I love the roos though - they make certainly add to the riding experience.

omac

Likes Dirt
Nearly ran into a whole family tonight. Was trying out my new lights and they just love standing there staring and then making off last minute - usually in some inconvenient direction.

I love the roos though - they make certainly add to the riding experience.
Haha yeah I know what you mean, it cracks me up when the baby's play fight.

Does anyone know why the top of aneurism is closed?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Trail build this weekend,

Pome along and help us shape some table tops, step ups and gap,jumps....

yes in Lysterfield

What does "Pome" mean? I'm hoping it's an innocent typo and that you weren't being sarcastic about some much needed new features being constructed in the park. Has the ranger been sacked or something?

teK--

Eats Squid
What's lystie Like this weekend after recent rains? I haven't been for a while particularly after recent drainage and other trail works cheers.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
What's lystie Like this weekend after recent rains? I haven't been for a while particularly after recent drainage and other trail works cheers.
The lower trails (past the main carpark) were very wet midweek, but really nice on Friday and Saturday, very few puddles. It's rained a bit this AM, but probably not enough to have an major impact.