VIC Lysterfield Park

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Was like Burke St this arvo, great to see people out using the park. Even some hipster on a cx bike on dog pound.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
ebikes and corrupted gps data/cheaters.

126km/h is a new one....

Eh. Strava data is only good to race against yourself and you mates. Too many people try and succeed at cheating so there is no point in comparing against people you don't know.

omac

Likes Dirt
I'll be parking near the servo on Wellington Rd, cnr Lysterfield Rd.
Sorry I missed your reply, I got tied up with my wife...er that doesn't sound right, I lost track of time lol.

I often ride lysty (Hallam rd car park) during the week & red hill on the w/ends but I ended up doing a short 13k at red hill today.

I'll make sure I have time for the next one @ lysty

Cheers

teK--

Eats Squid
Eh. Strava data is only good to race against yourself and you mates. Too many people try and succeed at cheating so there is no point in comparing against people you don't know.
Not even mates' times can be accurately compared. Some have only a GPS, others also a wheel speed sensor, and worst , some run strava on their phone.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yep for me, using same bike, same track, same gps device, seeing improvements in times/power/segment wins against my own previous achievements is what I'm using it for.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my mate created a script that would automatically delete seconds from your Strava segments

he doesn't use it, just tried to see if it would work and it does

teK--

Eats Squid
my mate created a script that would automatically delete seconds from your Strava segments

he doesn't use it, just tried to see if it would work and it does
There is an easy way to identify any segments modified in this manner .

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Sorry I missed your reply, I got tied up with my wife...er that doesn't sound right, I lost track of time lol.

I often ride lysty (Hallam rd car park) during the week & red hill on the w/ends but I ended up doing a short 13k at red hill today.

I'll make sure I have time for the next one @ lysty

Cheers
No worries, I often leave from the Hallam Rd carpark for a loop, usually Tuesdays.

teK--

Eats Squid
Strava usually look at heart rate (I think) and I think people can actually complain and get them removed
When the files are hacked the speed tracking shows regularly spaced micro spikes which are impossible to achieve in a true ride.

slowmick

38-39"
Good to hear that Aneurysm is open again as we have had a tragedy elsewhere in the park. There is a sign at the top of the hill among the rocks to say that building trails without permission is illegal. The track below the rocks has been destroyed. They have dropped branches and whole tree over the trails, dug out all the dirt over the jumps and generally made 80% of the trail unrideable. it is barely walkable. a sad way to start Easter. :Cry::Cry::Cry:

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good to hear that Aneurysm is open again as we have had a tragedy elsewhere in the park. There is a sign at the top of the hill among the rocks to say that building trails without permission is illegal. The track below the rocks has been destroyed. They have dropped branches and whole tree over the trails, dug out all the dirt over the jumps and generally made 80% of the trail unrideable. it is barely walkable. a sad way to start Easter. :Cry::Cry::Cry:
Across the road, or somewhere else?