VIC Lysterfield Park

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What is this Wallaby Hop you speak of?
Don't, it's like the garden of Eden.
It was a wicked fun, one way gravity fed jump fest.
One moment it's Candyland, the next it's decimated and a walking trail.

It was illegal but very established. PV opened it and it was shared with walkers (which is idiotic given the pace you'd go down it at) then it was razed to the ground.

I try not to think about it, it was so much fun and accessible to a wide range of riders.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Don't, it's like the garden of Eden.
It was a wicked fun, one way gravity fed jump fest.
One moment it's Candyland, the next it's decimated and a walking trail.
That's disappointing. It sounds like something Lysterfield really needs more of, not less!

Where in the park was it?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
East of Logan track and a real pita to get to the top!
I think that's a big part of why so many of us are so sore about it. We climbed that fuck off steep hill, and then had to roll down a flat walking trail

They kept calling it "scealeys" track aswell. Scealeys is another trail that started at the same point but went to the right. That's the walking track, walk on that and leave the mountainbike track alone!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Changes names to Dragon Track north of Wellington road.

Now long gone jump fest track was fuck off scary at night. I think I cried mummy a few times. Was bloody hard work to grind up the hill to get there on Granite track.

slowmick

38-39"
I was late to the party on those ones, one got half a down runs before they tore it up. They did an insane job of tearing it up, there were logs thrown about everywhere...

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was out there this afternoon for the first time in a little bit.
Definitely one way signs all around now. But still met a few going the other direction ha ha.

The one that got me was the nice little climb I used to use to get up to Follow Me, now have to take the fire road up :(

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I understand it's their land and we're lucky to have access to it.
Sadly that's the way it is portrayed but it is public land which means it is our land, they are simply the managers of it employed by public money, our money.
Lysterfield was private farmland, reclaimed for use as a recreational park.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hold that thought. Turns out there is more coming from Ldtr, please hold off completing this until we have more from the club.

I'll try to keep updates coming on this thread

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Legit question, what is the incentive for PV to support MTB at the park? I mean do they get more money if the visitors are higher or something? Seems like they are actively trying to reduce attendance which makes sense given carparks are practically full most weekends.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
from LDTR...

Advocacy Update:

In November 2019, Parks Victoria publicly announced that they are amending the Lysterfield Park & Churchhill National Management plan, which by their own admission is very out of date.

This came about from the fantastic advocacy work completed by LDTR. Currently, as it stands Mountain Biking isn't mentioned as a legitimate activity in the park and hence hinders our future expansion proposals until it is included in the management plan.

The draft plan is currently open to public feedback.

LDTR has engaged Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) to conduct an economic impact assessment of our two expansion proposals. One is to expand the current trail network with a further 22km of single track and the other is to expand and upgrade the skills park/pump track areas significantly. Both projects would require significant funding to be professionally built.

LDTR's position is that we can't provide valuable feedback on the amended management plan until we have good data to back up our business case. The good news is that the PWC report is due by mid-December and the public consultation for the new management plan period from PV ends on January the 5th.

So, for now, we ask that you refrain from filling out the survey until LDTR has summarised our business case in order to put of best foot forward to achieve our goals.

For now, keep the rubber side down!

Cheers

LDTR Advocacy crew.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I found a front hub spacer to suit a 15mm axle at the Hallam North Rd car park. Send me a private message if you have lost one & I can arrange to return it.
its usually best to leave things where they were lost... someone would get home and go ""oh shit i must have dropped it in the car park" and potentialy return to look for it . Now you have it and chances are the owner doesnt even know about this forum.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
its usually best to leave things where they were lost... someone would get home and go ""oh shit i must have dropped it in the car park" and potentialy return to look for it . Now you have it and chances are the owner doesnt even know about this forum.
Or alternatively, it gets run over and destroyed or just pinched. (I went back a couple of hours later one day to find 2/3 of my pair of sunnies smashed into the dirt)

I get what you're saying, but you're damned if you do and damned if you don't really. I reckon good karma points go out just for attempting to do the right thing.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I found a front hub spacer to suit a 15mm axle at the Hallam North Rd car park. Send me a private message if you have lost one & I can arrange to return it.
If you get no luck finding the owner, maybe shoot Ldtr a message. They've re-united people with wheels and computers before, might be worth a shot?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk