VIC Lysterfield Park

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
That's a really good idea idea. Only challenge is that unlike a snow resort, people don't start at the bottom or top of a chairlift. The chairlifts are also staffed whenever running, so they can update signage immediately when weather changes.

Places like Lysterfield people can join onto the loop from wherever they want, so they aren't going to see signs at the main trailheads.
If they're going to close trails, they need barriers at both ends, or at the very least the end that most riders enter the trail from! A few years ago I did a bit of a spin at Lysty, hit one particularly mushy bit of track & wondered why it wasn't closed to let it dry out a bit. Found the barrier at the other end of the track, which struck me as a bit dumb.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
There are some real pricks that ride Lystie. I work at the Angliss and a pt came in the other day with a badly broken elbow. Two fuckers rode past him and wouldn’t help, even though he asked. He was pushing his bike with one arm and using a sling he made from his jacket!
That's just bloody below average behavior that deserves a name and shame.

I've only ridden there once (Dec 24th) and unfortunately came across a poor bugger that had busted up his shoulder pretty well, myself and my guide sorted him out for meds, slings and transport...and we were both riding Yetis no less, so those two that rode past this fella mus'tve been next level arses.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's just bloody below average behavior that deserves a name and shame.

I've only ridden there once (Dec 24th) and unfortunately came across a poor bugger that had busted up his shoulder pretty well, myself and my guide sorted him out for meds, slings and transport...and we were both riding Yetis no less, so those two that rode past this fella mus'tve been next level arses.
Yeah it’s just shite! Hope the dude is going ok, haven’t seen him at work for follow up as yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Yeah it’s just shite! Hope the dude is going ok, haven’t seen him at work for follow up as yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probs to worried about going near a hospital in this current climate, (he's been once already...in for a penny etc).

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure of anyone else hit Lysterfield today.

I think everyone within 25kms came there this morning. Cars backed up the whole way from Belgrave Hallam road to the roundabout at the carpark on Horswood Road. Car parks completely full, and all parked on the side of the road too.

Every man woman child on the trails. In all my years of riding I have never seen it that busy. Thankfully it was dry but don't be surprised if it's closed up again soon.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Was awesome. I've had a clean run the last few weeks since the trails opened, and I was out there with daughter in zero hurry, and I had nowhere to be later. Highly entertaining from start to finish.

Helmetless safreek impersonators, Kmart bikes going a over t on roots, hybrids rolling down aneurysm with feet off the pedals, cops blocking off the entrance, amaroks getting bogged parking too far off the street and having to get towed - today had it all

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Do you think at some point ParksVic might start to realise demand for MTB is increasing? :eek:
Nah they'll say it's lots of walkers and that they need to convert the mtb trails to walking tracks (looks at wallaby hop,,,)

On a side note I went outWednesday and Thrusday afternoon and although the car park was full, the trails were relatively empty given only half of it was open.

SDA

Likes Dirt
Trails were in surprisingly good condition (except for parts of comm games, aneurysm and lower buckle).