Lysterfield trail conditions?

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
They are terrible. Not rideable at all. Stay off them.
Forrest was pretty good a couple of days ago. Any updates???

Koper25

Likes Dirt
I live in Narre North it rained a fair bit this morning but it's been sunny all afternoon. I'd say prime conditions tomorrow. Would probably get out for a ride myself if I wasn't heading to Buller.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just finished a ride there. To quote the Lego Movie. Everything is awesome.
Amazingly there are very few puddles.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
It's been so dry for a while before today that the water would disappear pretty pretty quickly & leave the trails super grippy.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Was out there today and the trails were *perfect*.

Even the top section of Hug was decent, whereas it's normally just sandy shit.

teK--

Eats Squid
Yup went today the trails are grippy as well and saw maybe one puddle. Amazing hero dirt.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How wet is lystie after the recent rain?
Went there today and amazingly most trails are in great condition.
We stayed off the main culprits for poor drainage (Buckle...) but Middle, Hug, CGT were all good.
There were some puddles in certain places, and the run down from the start of Follow Me all the way down is a little slippery in corners.

Drainage work there has paid off.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went there today and amazingly most trails are in great condition.
We stayed off the main culprits for poor drainage (Buckle...) but Middle, Hug, CGT were all good.
There were some puddles in certain places, and the run down from the start of Follow Me all the way down is a little slippery in corners.

Drainage work there has paid off.
Awesome, I'm going to head out this arvo

Zam

Likes Dirt
Was out Sunday morning, and considering the rain that we got during the week and the more on Sat night, trails were in great nic, few spots a little splippery and some standing water but overall really good, just a pity the cafe/bike shop is closed and we couldnt stop for a coffee afterwards.....

akashra

Eats Squid
I was out there for MTBO on Saturday afternoon and OMG I can't remember the trails being this grippy, with the possibly exception of the 2007 Chase The Sun series (round 3). There were a few puddles I wish someone would dig a trench out of, but other than that soooooo much grip on Blair Witch and Lower Buckle trails.

quiggs

Likes Dirt
I was out there for MTBO on Saturday afternoon and OMG I can't remember the trails being this grippy, with the possibly exception of the 2007 Chase The Sun series (round 3). There were a few puddles I wish someone would dig a trench out of, but other than that soooooo much grip on Blair Witch and Lower Buckle trails.
How the hell do you remember back to 2007, Tim, I can't even remember shit I did last week?

akashra

Eats Squid
Eidetic memory? :)

The trails out at Stonefly/Howqua Gap was the same when I rode it over the New Year break. I've only ridden out there once, back at the 2012 National Round. Remembered exactly where to go once I was out there.

OT: But no, seriously, I have an insane memory for remembering places I've been only once, events I've been exposed to/experienced, and conversations. It's not uncommon for me to not only recall what was discussed in a meeting months or years ago, but who was sitting where. Not too long ago I found myself in a building near Newcastle where I had not been since I was 7 years old (during the 1989 earthquake), and only been there once. I could remember the area well enough that I didn't need a map to get around - despite my experience being coming through it after there was a lot of destruction. Same thing when I was in Perth last week for the national round, I've only been there once before (the previous year) - but remembered my way around the city. That's "normal" for me.

Last edited: