MAC 10 (Albury) - DH race

jayneg-k

Likes Bikes
Albury City Council are hosting a multisport weekend on the 27th and 28th of February. As part of the weekend AWMTB will be running three MTB events. A DH race on the Saturday at Nail Can Hill, a 3 hour enduro on the Sunday on the purpose built XC race course on Nail Can Hill and there will also be a short track XCC event on the banks of the Murray River on Saturday evening.

There are very limited spots for the DH race so please enter early so you don't miss out.

For all the information and to register log onto the MAC10 Website (http://www.multisportalburycity.com.au/) and keep your eye on the AWMTB Website forum (http://alburywodongamtb.org.au/cgi-bin/forum.pl) where you can post any questions you may have. Entries are now open for all events.
http://www.multisportalburycity.com.au/registration/

Riedy

Likes Dirt
I would race Baw Baw, but its my first year of racing so i'm only doing the VDHS races that are close to Albury my home town e.g. Yack, Mt Beauty.

jayneg-k

Likes Bikes
Yes, AWMTB realise that there is a clash with the Vic state round. Unfortunately we are unable to change the date as it is organised by the city council.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Yes, AWMTB realise that there is a clash with the Vic state round. Unfortunately we are unable to change the date as it is organised by the city council.
I suggest that you notify the council organisers of the clash for future events.

jayneg-k

Likes Bikes
The dates for this event were set about 6 months ago. Unfortunately, we were a little slow in getting out publicity so it was in no way the councils fault. At this time of year it is very hard to avoid clashes. We are just trying to get the word out about our event and I am sure there are enough riders out there for all events held that weekend to be successful.

aceyone

Likes Dirt
you realise most dh riders will be here which probably be the biggest race of the series :rolleyes:
This date also clashes with R1 of the NSW State series in Thredbo.
I suggest that you notify the council organisers of the clash for future events.
Yes to all ^^^

:eek::eek::eek: <--- s'posed to be [embararassed], but looks more like a smiley-face on my computer???

We set the date for MAC10 back in May/June (?) last year, when the w/e of 27th-28th Feb fit neatly 2 weeks before the Vic Champs at Baw Baw and two weeks after Beauty (I think...???... happy to stand corrected if I got that wrong). So we committed to that date and got things rolling: advertising campaigns, flyers, etc. Unfortunately working with Council and something like 16 other events and 10 other local clubs means we're far from flexible. So when the Vic Series dates had to change, there was nothing we could do. Our loss.

We have a max field of only 60 riders for the DH. In past races most of these have been young riders from the local areas. Lots of first timers too (many of whom quickly stepped up to ride Vic and Nat series races). I don't think our little race in Albury will have any real effect on numbers at State-Series races.

For the record, we're not trying to 'compete' for riders. Far from it: I'd encourage any rider to ride your respective state-series events -- the reality is that you're likely to have better competition on a better track with a heap more riders to learn from.

But... if for whatever reason you can't make it to those races, we're happy to host you to a fun day!

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Yes to all ^^^

:eek::eek::eek: <--- s'posed to be [embararassed], but looks more like a smiley-face on my computer???

We set the date for MAC10 back in May/June (?) last year, when the w/e of 27th-28th Feb fit neatly 2 weeks before the Vic Champs at Baw Baw and two weeks after Beauty (I think...???... happy to stand corrected if I got that wrong). So we committed to that date and got things rolling: advertising campaigns, flyers, etc. Unfortunately working with Council and something like 16 other events and 10 other local clubs means we're far from flexible. So when the Vic Series dates had to change, there was nothing we could do. Our loss.

We have a max field of only 60 riders for the DH. In past races most of these have been young riders from the local areas. Lots of first timers too (many of whom quickly stepped up to ride Vic and Nat series races). I don't think our little race in Albury will have any real effect on numbers at State-Series races.

For the record, we're not trying to 'compete' for riders. Far from it: I'd encourage any rider to ride your respective state-series events -- the reality is that you're likely to have better competition on a better track with a heap more riders to learn from.

But... if for whatever reason you can't make it to those races, we're happy to host you to a fun day!
Hi Acey,

I amcoming from the point of view that I'd like to ride this evnt. S it's an even Imiss out on. I understand you predicament, jst a little dissapointed I couldn't attend. Good luck!

HUx

aceyone

Likes Dirt
....just a little dissapointed I couldn't attend. Good luck!
HUx
Would've loved to have you there, hux -- next time, maybe (if we can get our dates right :rolleyes:).

Tailwork for the MAC10 BICYCLE SUPERSTORE ALBURY DOWNHILL... tomorrow!!!

(Yeah... late notice, I know. It's also posted here, but thought I'd slot it in here, as well)

We'll be armouring The Castle with a trailer-load of rocks to get rid of a few ruts that've appreared over the last few months.
I'll be up there from around 10am. Bring shovels/mattocks/gloves (don't trash your good dh gloves!). Should be a great opportunity to create a few interesting lines! I'll have a few cold drinks and snacks courtesy of the Albury-Wodonga MTB club, but maybe bring something for lunch.

Love to see you up there.

aceyone

Likes Dirt
Trailwork went well (many thanks to the guys who turned up) and looks like it withstood the rain of last week really well. Lucky we had that armouring in... all that rain would've just gouged those ruts even deeper! Seems to be having a bit of traffic, too. Good to see the troops out there training.

I just checked entries: we're nearly half full, already. Good to see... keep 'em coming.

Just like our last race, I'll refund race entry for anyone willing to pick up and return one of the Beechworth Chaingang bike trailers from Beechworth to the race in Albury. Let me know if you're interested - you'll need to register (and pay) just like everyone else, but I'll give you your race entry fee when you turn up with the trailer (But not your MTBA day-license, if you need one).

Did I mention the $1000 in cash prizes plus give-aways (thanks to AlburyCity Council, the Bicycle Superstore Albury and KWT Maxxis)

For those interested (and capable after a day of DH'ing), there's also a short-course dirt crit on the Sat night right in the middle of the MAC10 event centre as well as a 3hr enduro back up on the hill on the Sunday. With less than three weeks to go, it's shaping up to be another great w/e!

aceyone

Likes Dirt
I just picked up the prizes from the Bicycle Superstore Albury... and WOW...!!!...

Thanks to our friends at the Superstore and KWT Maxxis, we have a bunch of tyres to give away, including Ardents, High Rollers and Bling Blings.

Also grips, leg and arm guards, gloves... all sorts of goodies.

There's also $1000 cash up for grabs and all this stuff will go on race-day. Remember there's only 60 riders...!!!... the odds of you coming home with something are pretty damn good.

I've checked entries last night: we're more than half full nearly two weeks out and I'm stoked. Remember to please book early (you know I hate turning people away on the day) and we've filled every DH race we've run.

The track is running really fast at the moment, The Castle now flows better than it ever has and I suspect we're in for some fast times.

Riedy

Likes Dirt
WOOOO! only 3 days to go;) Lets make this the best race to date up there! Lets get some race day atomsphere going up there, bring whatever you can that makes a noise and get radical when a rider comes past in the race runs! I will be bringing a air horn:eek: and will be getting radical with my air horn after i've completed both my race runs:cool:

3 Days And Counting...

aceyone

Likes Dirt
That's the spirit, Reidy! ;)

For everyone else... there are still a handfull of spots left so keep the entries coming in. If we don't get the full field of 60 riders before Saturday, we will accept entries on the day... but of course only if we have the spots available.

Remember too that I'll refund race-entry for anyone who can pick up and return a bike trailer from Beechworth for the race and there's just one trailer left. Let me know if you're keen.

That's gotta be the easiest way you'll ever get to race DH for free...:D

We're also still after marshals, too... please let me know if you're interested in marshalling. Or if you're already booked to race, try to convince your mum/dad/uncle/family dog to come along and help us run the race so you get to enjoy it! Even if it's only for a few hours, it all helps and it's all very much appreciated.