Mac Questions Thread. I killed my Mac today....

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Resurrected.

Is there a way using Folder actions or something that I can have all my TV shows in one Folder. Currently some are in my Vuze downloads and some are in my "Movies" folder that I got from my brother's HDD. Ideally a folder called "TV Shows" that displays the contents of both folders without copying/moving any files would be ideal.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
So not so much a Mac question. But I get some arsehole error when I plug me trusty iPhone 4 in, that says Charging is Not Supported With This Device. So as a consequence it won't flamin' charge, stone the flamin' Crows!

I've cleaned the contacts of the charge dock thingo and the phone, tried different chargers, both original and other. No dice.

Any help?

Do I need another one? Damn you Steve JJOOBBSS!!

Hew

Likes Dirt
So not so much a Mac question. But I get some arsehole error when I plug me trusty iPhone 4 in, that says Charging is Not Supported With This Device. So as a consequence it won't flamin' charge, stone the flamin' Crows!

I've cleaned the contacts of the charge dock thingo and the phone, tried different chargers, both original and other. No dice.

Any help?

Do I need another one? Damn you Steve JJOOBBSS!!
Is it updated, Jase?

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Is it updated, Jase?
Yep, updated to the latest version of IOS or whatever its called. Now nothing at all happens when I plug it in. Doesn't even acknowledge it. From everything I've read it appears to be terminal. Down to my last 25% of battery. Sadface.:smash:

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Yep, updated to the latest version of IOS or whatever its called. Now nothing at all happens when I plug it in. Doesn't even acknowledge it. From everything I've read it appears to be terminal. Down to my last 25% of battery. Sadface.:smash:
Don't suppose it's had water spilt on it recently?

I had exactly the same problem as you (same messages and everything and then wouldn't charge/acknowledge it being plugged in) after I dropped mine in a puddle of water... I took it to one of those repair shops in the big shopping malls and they charged me $75 and had it fixed in about 30mins.

Basically they replaced the bottom half of my iphone where all the charging components were. Brand new again.

Handles

Likes Bikes
Resurrected.

Is there a way using Folder actions or something that I can have all my TV shows in one Folder. Currently some are in my Vuze downloads and some are in my "Movies" folder that I got from my brother's HDD. Ideally a folder called "TV Shows" that displays the contents of both folders without copying/moving any files would be ideal.
Finder > New Smart Folder

Click the '+' in the top right corner

Select 'Kind' from the left dropdown, Select 'Movie' from the right

Save the search.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Don't suppose it's had water spilt on it recently?

I had exactly the same problem as you (same messages and everything and then wouldn't charge/acknowledge it being plugged in) after I dropped mine in a puddle of water... I took it to one of those repair shops in the big shopping malls and they charged me $75 and had it fixed in about 30mins.

Basically they replaced the bottom half of my iphone where all the charging components were. Brand new again.
Nah no history of water damage, but thanks for the reply. I'll take it in to get looked at when I get a chance, its good to know its not a complete write off.

skivi

Likes Dirt
sooo the government has finally made eTax for Mac. I downloaded it from the ATO website just now, installed it easily enough and oh gee what a surprise, it wont even launch! Apparently it isn't compatible with anything older then Snow Leopard 10.6 and I run Leopard 10.5

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
sooo the government has finally made eTax for Mac. I downloaded it from the ATO website just now, installed it easily enough and oh gee what a surprise, it wont even launch! Apparently it isn't compatible with anything older then Snow Leopard 10.6 and I run Leopard 10.5
Are you surprised? When the ATO "tests" their app, they would have tested against the latest iOS at the time, there usually is a cut off of support somewhere along the line. i.e. 10.6 in this case.
Can you blame them for not wanting to undertake unnecessary time wasting on OS's that are old?