Mackay Downhill

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am going to Mackay for work next weekend 16th-18th.

I only have to do a small job on Saturday morning and was hoping to find someone to shuttle with so I can bring my bike and do some runs.

I will pay for shuttles and can return the favour in Brisbane some time.

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll be coming with Josh too now. Can't wait to check out some new terrain.

Who lives up there? I hear the riding is good.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i live up here, i'v been told the riding is good, though i havent riden anywhere else much. other then the dh track and a few private tracks there isnt heaps though,

when are you going to be up hear?

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
we will be up late on friday the 16th then busy til lunchish on the saturday(17th) and want to ride hard on the sunday18th and maybe the saturday afternoon.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey rabatt, go down to the Old Grasstree Beach gold mine and get my track up and running again for when I come up at Christmas time to see the inlaws.

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fattyandthepiemakers said:
You are one weekend too late.
Why is that?

With Coffs on this weekend, I won't be feeling like I'm missing out though.

Hey, doesn't J5ive live up there? You there mate? Wanna do some runs?

fattyandthepiemakers

I ride an STP
Kram said:
Why is that?

The Mackay DH racing is on this long weekend, nothing is happening the next weekend.

J5ive lives in Rocky, he is going up on the long weekend as well.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kram said:
Why is that?

Coming from someone that has not riding the dam then hey Mark????????

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
andy said:
Coming from someone that has not riding the dam then hey Mark????????
I don't get it??? Are you saying the dam is better than Coffs? If so, I'll believe it when I see and furthermore I'll be a very happy man. I can't believe the schedule I have. This week Coffs, next week Mackay, 2 weeks after I'm off to Golden, then Whistler, then Mission, then Kelowna. Holy crap man, am I awake?

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you taking the HT up to Mackay, Kram? If so, you wont get the full fun of the Dam IMO. The top is very rooty and rocky.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just talked to Aiden, he said they had heaps of rain during the race and the track is like a highway now. Should have no probs with the HT Kram...

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep you missed out allright (unless you dont like mud).

it rained heaps before the race so it was super slipery, i didnt get to race so i dont know what that track looks like now but it was great fun on saturday.

hey andy i havent been down to grasstree for ages but my brother was riding down there and he said that there was some good tracks (xc, not dh), i'll have to go have a look for yours.

oh and i wont even be hear next weekend anyway, just let us know how our track compares to coffs harbor.... and whistler :p