Magic or Witchcraft?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Bearings in the front only lasted a couple of months from new but the replacements have been going strong for about 18 months. Apart from that zero complaints and the silence really is golden.
Also easy to change from 15 to 20mm front axle with just an end cap swap.
Unflattering user reviews seem to have petered out on mtbr which is probably a positive. I bet you give the odd slowcoach a big fright coasting up behind them...

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
No issues with the engagement (slipping) or cassette falling off when the wheel’s removed?

I so want a set of these but the early reports scared me off…
I did have an early set of hubs that did slip under really high load but that was dealt with quickly by Onyx. They shipped out the updated part and it has been perfect since.

The cassette coming off has been a non issue for me. I am aware that it can and does happen sometimes so I do make allowances for it by being a little more careful with the wheel when it’s out. It’s a habit now so now all my wheels are thankful I’m not chucking them around the shed.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Unflattering user reviews seem to have petered out on mtbr which is probably a positive. I bet you give the odd slowcoach a big fright coasting up behind them...
Yeah there are super stealthy. Walkers especially need a cheeky skid on approach to wake them up. Bike riders same deal actually now that I think of it. Skid, shout rider or Strava…your choice. I like the skid :p

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fair but tbh if I'd actually believed 3/4 of the user reviews of the Dreadnought on MTBR I probably wouldn't have bought one. Turns out if you buy one then dress it in pig iron for DH spec destruction it might not actually be that spritely. Who knew.
The thing I'm finding funny is the amount of people on the site with what they think is a valid perspective despite never having ridden one, let alone owning one.

Like almost every other bike, it really does need to be ridden to be appreciated. It's not for everyone, but anyone thinking it's a one trick pony "sled" will be missing out.

And absolutely, set up and spec choices count.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I did have an early set of hubs that did slip under really high load but that was dealt with quickly by Onyx. They shipped out the updated part and it has been perfect since.
Was that the Vesper or Classic?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
It's clearly both magic and witchcraft...

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome looking rig !

Yeah there are super stealthy. Walkers especially need a cheeky skid on approach to wake them up. Bike riders same deal actually now that I think of it. Skid, shout rider or Strava…your choice. I like the skid :p
I like quiet hubs for this reason :) might as well have a bit of a laugh at their expense when more polite methods go unheeded !

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I was checking out what I think is a pretty good price on this frame with the conversion from CAD. Really liking it. Did anyone else play with the scrolly wheel on their mouse to make the swingarm go up and down?

Ha! That's pretty cool.

Do they ship frames to Australia directly though? I tried ordering some stuff from their website a while ago and they wouldn't ship here :(

Dangals

Likes Dirt
I was checking out what I think is a pretty good price on this frame with the conversion from CAD. Really liking it. Did anyone else play with the scrolly wheel on their mouse to make the swingarm go up and down?

Yes I did that once or twice, didn't realise it was happening at first and was like 'why is the page not scrolling....'

Do they ship frames to Australia directly though?
No, you would have to go through the local guys. Forbidden are imported by Danjas Imports (DanJas Imports AUS - Forbidden Bike Co, Sensus, Dissent Labs, RRP ) and Alex there is a top bloke who can point you in the right direction.