Majura Pines Thread

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Does anybody know if the loggers are done at Majura? Will there be a formal rebuild? If anybody knows anything about it what so ever please let me know. If
corc will be doing the rebuild i would be happy to help. If you happen to be building already up there message me and i would be happy to help
Regards, Allan

FatGuts

Likes Dirt
Its off limits until the road is built which is the main reason for the thinning operation. Please dont go in there until we get approval for the Goverment to go back and build tracks.

Failure to do so my risk being able to get back in there at all.

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Its off limits until the road is built which is the main reason for the thinning operation. Please dont go in there until we get approval for the Goverment to go back and build tracks.

Failure to do so my risk being able to get back in there at all.
Yeah, I'll stay out of there, do you happen to know if there will be a professional rebuild?

rotorub

Likes Dirt
Drove Down from sydney today Was goimg to ride there this week. Had no idea of the works going on. lucky we Drove past this morning on my way to the accomodation and saw the heavy machinery. So went to bruce ridge instead. I liked majura trails however majura rd is a pain the ass i thought they would have widdened the existing rd as opposed to one of the parkway freeways. This would have left majura trails relatively untouched.oh well,,,,,Bruce ridge rocks!

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Are people riding the dh away from the pines?
Im still riding dh up there, at least one other person is riding it up there because they are making a track off the old road gap. Most of the old dh tracks were destroyed when they thinned the trees....

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Drove Down from sydney today Was goimg to ride there this week. Had no idea of the works going on. lucky we Drove past this morning on my way to the accomodation and saw the heavy machinery. So went to bruce ridge instead. I liked majura trails however majura rd is a pain the ass i thought they would have widdened the existing rd as opposed to one of the parkway freeways. This would have left majura trails relatively untouched.oh well,,,,,Bruce ridge rocks!
Yeah, some single track has managed to survive but for the most part it is destroyed. On a side note : anybody know if there will be an offical rebuild?

nickz

Likes Dirt
Im still riding dh up there, at least one other person is riding it up there because they are making a track off the old road gap. Most of the old dh tracks were destroyed when they thinned the trees....
Do you ride in from Hackett ?

Bucket Master

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
I was approached to look at it late last year, but the Government have yet to move forward on it and I'm still waiting for them to identify a scope of works...

Bucket Master

Thanks, I might send somebody in the act gov a letter to let them know more people are interested....
It would not be a bad thing. I've written to the chief minister a couple of times (Gallagher@act.gov.au) but given I may be involved is further works it's no longer appropriate for me to keep on writing

The sad thing is that the person who was pushing this to government is from the local park care group who has a significant dislike for mountain bikers. It would be nice if a few more mountain bikers let them know that they miss the place...

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
It would not be a bad thing. I've written to the chief minister a couple of times (Gallagher@act.gov.au) but given I may be involved is further works it's no longer appropriate for me to keep on writing

The sad thing is that the person who was pushing this to government is from the local park care group who has a significant dislike for mountain bikers. It would be nice if a few more mountain bikers let them know that they miss the place...
is that why they thinned where easy to find tracks are (and destroyed them)? sorry for the grave dig

Bucket Master

No they thinned it because its a commercial pine plantation and they had the equipment available and in the area.

Still no word on the scope of works (or much really) but I believe they want to finish the road works in the area prior to them even thinking about recreational activities in the forest...

Mal01

Likes Dirt
For those form out of town who may have ridden Majura but haven't seen what's going on, there are some aerial photos from the Canberra Times.

Photo 14 onward show some of the old riding area. Wondering if in photo 15 that's the underpass ?

rotorub

Likes Dirt
The ACT goverment is commencing a period of consultation on the future of the Majura Pines area, this includes a public information night coming up. There is an online survey on the link below (right of screen):

http://timetotalk.act.gov.au/consult...f-majura-pines
The link didnt work?

"Not Found

The requested URL /consult...f-majura-pines was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Can you please check and re-post?