Majura Pines Thread

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
Submissions open till 14th March

There was an article on the future of the Majura Pine on the Canberra Times website today, they have had 500 submissions in the first 2 weeks.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...over-for-recreational-use-20140217-32wkv.html

The submission process is online and very easy, many have said its a 1 minute job. the submissions are open till the 14th of March, take the time to help keep the trails open and with enough interest they might even invest more in the quality of the trails.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Bummer!

Came to Canberra for Eatser (yeah I know but with all that chocolate it's a good misspelling) and staying at Dickson so I thought I'd go for a ride at Majura and find it has been trashed. What rock have I been under?

Well hadn't paid much attention as I live in Sydney. The trails down towards Ainslie are still OK but I recall riding them before and copping a mouthfull from some walkers so I was a little wary. Strangley I just downloaded this trail map of the whole area from the Ride Canberra site with no mention of them being closed. Bummer!

Oh well I may as well go to Questicon with the family and all the other nerds. What else is close by? Anything?

dhd

Downhill Direct
Came to Canberra for Eatser (yeah I know but with all that chocolate it's a good misspelling) and staying at Dickson so I thought I'd go for a ride at Majura and find it has been trashed. What rock have I been under?

Well hadn't paid much attention as I live in Sydney. The trails down towards Ainslie are still OK but I recall riding them before and copping a mouthfull from some walkers so I was a little wary. Strangley I just downloaded this trail map of the whole area from the Ride Canberra site with no mention of them being closed. Bummer!

Oh well I may as well go to Questicon with the family and all the other nerds. What else is close by? Anything?
Try Oconnor ridge for a fast blast on the northside....very close to Dickson and very fun!

info here: http://www.theberm.com.au/group/bruceridgetrailinformation

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Bruce Ridge and Oconner Ridge are next to each other - Bruce is the part with the most trails on it although Oconner is worth hitting as well.

Park out the back of GIO Stadium, go through the tunnel under Gungahlin Drive and you'll find one of the many gates that lead on to the trails. They are a little blown out at the moment as FoBR is in hiatus at the moment but they are still a huge amount of fun for a few hours. You can always go across to Black Mountain and try your legs at the fire roads to the peak if you think you're up to it as well.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
My fellow questaconians I thank you from the bottom of my heart my trip has been saved. That was fun I will check out more of those trails tomorrow. On my last run down I was at the bottom and going to head home out along the fire trail I rode in on and found this half pipe like trail, so good went back and did it again.