Majura Pines Trail Building Thread

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Thanks for that, wasn't aware of the website.

Anyone who notices when things are back and rideable, please update us all!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Thanks for that, wasn't aware of the website.

Anyone who notices when things are back and rideable, please update us all!
From my understanding they are going to try and save some of the trails and when harvest is finished there will be some build days to get it running again so we should have a heads up from the trail alliance when they need volunteers. When I get the email Ill post the info up here.

Last edited:
The harvesting work at Majura Pines is nearly finished. The trails will be open again in the next couple of weeks. Majura Pines Trail Alliance will be holding a Busy Bee to clean up the trails that have been preserved and start to construct new alternatives to the couple that have been lost on Sunday September 9th. Meet at 0830 at our container, which is now very easy to find and only a short ride/walk along the main fire road from the winery gate.

Snacks and refreshments will be provided courtesy of Hackett IGA Plus Liquor as usual.

Don't forget to bring:
  • plenty of water
  • hat and sunscreen
  • food
  • gloves
  • sturdy footwear
  • eye protection
  • your favourite trail tools - rakes, mattocks, shovels, hoes, etc

Two New Sponsors

We will also be using products from two new supporters of Majura Pines Trail Alliance. A grant from the Ground Effect Slush Fund has allowed us to purchase 9 new Rake n Bake tools. We love our trails to be hand built, and there are no better hand tools. As well as being great guys, Ground Effect also make some of the best cycling gear going around.
https://www.groundeffect.co.nz/

upload_2018-8-28_8-17-45.png

And hang around after the trail day to and be rewarded with cool fresh tasty beer from PACT Beer Co

upload_2018-8-28_8-17-45.png

See you next Sunday!

Jake

Majura Pines Trail Alliance
www.majurapines.org
www.facebook.com/majurapines

www.instagram.com/majurapines

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I'm keen too! Have been watching for a build announcement following the harvesting. Missing these trails a bunch.

The long wait is over and Majura is finally open again. The post harvesting trail news is pretty good.

The following trails were harvested around. They require a bit more raking, but are ok to ride now:
- lower Planet Claire
- Love Shack from end of Planet Claire out to Lincoln
- Mr Squiggle
- Bombora

The following trails have been lost, and will need replacing. For now you will have to ride around on fire roads. We'll try and get some arrows up:
- Shark Island
- Beyond the Black Stump
- the rest of Love Shack
- Mata Hari
- Mudhoney
- Bogs and Logs

All other trails were not effected. However they haven't been ridden for 2 months so are likely to have pine needles and branches on them. Ride with care, and please stop to move small branches out of the way. If you come across any trees or branches that are too big for you to move, let us know.

Latest trail map is up on our website:
http://www.majurapines.org/maps.php

Our thanks to ACT Parks and Conservation Service for the sympathetic way that the harvesting was conducted around the trails.

And don't forget that there is an important trail day this Sunday to clean up the trails, and start the rebuild of some of those lost. Meet at 0830 at our shipping container. Snacks and beer! provided. If you have a mattock, fire rake or even plastic leaf rake, bring them along. We're expecting a healthy turn out and don't want to run out of tools.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Going to be weird not having Planet Claire running through the trees - was always nice in the height of summer to have some shade around there!

I'm still keen to head along on Sunday - you guys still going? RB carpark meetup?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I’ll be there, long handle shovel and maddock.., or however it’s spelled.

I’d be keen to see a map with the parking area we should use as I’ve never parked around there.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Carpark I'm guessing will be vineyard gate, since its closer to the container..

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Sorry folks but I'm out for tomorrow after giving my back a good twinge lifting a heavy pot full of dirt.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
One of those awkward shapes where the weight isn't that great but too far out in front of you so your back is pulling to hard whilst you walk. It'll be fine in a week if I don't try and ignore it, as I would have in my younger years...., which is probably part of the reason why it's borked now.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I’m also looking unlikely with ‘obligations’ building up. Is there a follow up day planned?