Majura / Stromlo Conditions

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I`m thinking of heading down tomorrow . Has there been much rain this week and how does it affect these trails ?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Torrential rain, mate.

Held off so far today and I'm planning to ride tomorrow if the dry continues but my likely order of choice will be Bruce Ridge over Stromlo over Majura.

I'm keen to hear about how Sparrow/Kowen handles the wet, I've not ridden there much and if people tell that it drains/dries well I might head out there tomorrow for an hour or two.

Think of heading to stromlo on Sunday which is meant to be sunny. How well does it drain with the rain they had now? Also in events it shows some training on cross country circuit in the morning. Does this mean it's closed to public?

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Think of heading to stromlo on Sunday which is meant to be sunny. How well does it drain with the rain they had now? Also in events it shows some training on cross country circuit in the morning. Does this mean it's closed to public?
I'd says trails will be muddy as f-ck
Stromlo drains well but we've had constant rain since yesterday and is still raining.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Handlebar is not opening this weekend with the predicted weather, and Stromlo is already a bit fucked up lately so I can't see myself getting out on the Banshee, regretting not bringing it to work yesterday for a Bruce Ridge spin.

smaj

Likes Dirt
Anyone ridden Majura recently? How's the trail condition after all the rain? Lower parts a bog, but upper parts rideable?