Maldon Ride Day - 5th August

hargs

Likes Bikes
First off the club has a website https://maldonmtb.tidyhq.com/ So you can get details of this and all the other ride days.

To grab a spot on the ride day email the club: maldonmtb@mail.tidyhq.com

Provide:
  • Your Name
  • Contact Phone or email
  • Guardian name and number (if under 16)
  • MTBA License number if you have one (or pic of your license, then you don't have to bring it on the day)
  • Emergency Contact Name
  • Emergency Contact Number.
Cost
Pay on the day, CASH ONLY.

Adults & 16 and Over
$60 Non MTBA (This incluces the day license)

$50 MTBA Member Race / Recreation / Trial

Under 16
$35 Non MTBA (Includes the day license)

$30 with MTBA Race Race / Recreation / Trial

hargs

Likes Bikes
Any chance of a ride day on Sunday the 12th?
Sorry mate, it's hard to change dates. Parks permits, bus hire. If you like send an email to the club email address we plan to send out emails and let people know when the ride days are. The email sign up is a manual thing so your email address won't get all spammed.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Sorry mate, it's hard to change dates. Parks permits, bus hire. If you like send an email to the club email address we plan to send out emails and let people know when the ride days are. The email sign up is a manual thing so your email address won't get all spammed.
Didn't want to cancel the one coming up! o_O

Just wondering if there was a possibility of one on the 12th as well.

hargs

Likes Bikes
Didn't want to cancel the one coming up! o_O

Just wondering if there was a possibility of one on the 12th as well.
No worries. I missed where you were going with that.

The answer is a bit the same. If we knew far enough in advance that there was enough people interested. Then yeah we could look at doing "mini" ride day or half day. Parks have been pretty good about letting us change event dates.

The real limitation at the moment is not having enough volunteers, the club is pretty small and there are just enough people to get things going at the moment. Doing more risks burning people out or using up to many favours, if you know what I mean.

But the more people get involved the more we are able do the stuff your talking about.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
All good @hargs, that's fair enough.

Out of curiosity, how many would you need for a mini shuttle day?

hargs

Likes Bikes
All good @hargs, that's fair enough.

Out of curiosity, how many would you need for a mini shuttle day?
Maybe 10 or so, maybe less. I am being vague because at this stage I don't really know firm numbers. I think we have got the costs down. It's more about getting the volunteers to do it. So providing a couple of those people are from the club, then getting bus shouldn't be a problem, there are a few other logistic things to work out but it would be do'able.

I guess what I am saying is that I am ok to use the club to run smaller ride days, provided we can get some trust and volunteers happening.