Man Space / Bike Shed Layout

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
PP - do you have room for an outdoor shower? better to leave the sand outside.
I had thought about this as well. It would have to be out the back as the front of the house is right up on the foot path. Though I could run an internal line from the laundry to the front and hose down on the footpath. Neighbours are going to love me! The house is a terrace/villa on a strata, so I am not sure how the approval process for a plumbed in shower in the courtyard would go. But a free standing not permanent shower would be easy enough. I was also thinking of doing an unnecessarily fancy outdoor bath for the courtyard.

@johnny your aerosol collection needs some work.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I need more time and space to use them, that’s what I need.

Too many life priorities and hobbies to fit into one lifetime..,,,

slowmick

38-39"
Surely if you are right up on the foot path the front verandah is a place for the unnecessarily fancy outdoor bath which you use while you play the hard drinking cowboy complete with whiskey bottle and hat.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Surely if you are right up on the foot path the front verandah is a place for the unnecessarily fancy outdoor bath which you use while you play the hard drinking cowboy complete with whiskey bottle and hat.
Now you're talking! I could have that old Bon Jovi tune about being a cowboy biker blasting, in the tub soaking, pissed on cheap shitty Jack Daniels, and just pour the bath water out on the street when I'm done!

mark22

Likes Dirt
Does anyone ever have a clear work bench? I think mine was clear for about 10 minutes when I first put it together...that bike rack is impressive!

I'm looking for some insights for the fine tune, some finishing touches and things I need to do before loading my junk in. I've seen before some talk of sealing the floor? What is the vibe on rubber mats under the work bench?

The big one...does anyone have any advice on putting a shower in the laundry? House is slab construction. Given my proximity to the water I wouldn't mind being able to wash it all off downstairs rather than trudging through the house.
The biggest issue is the waste in a slab construction and getting it under the concrete or building the base up near an external wall and poking it out through the wall if the other wastes head this way.

All needs to be done properly as alot of failures in showers are from dodgy on no waterproofing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm a kinky guy that likes:
- Rubber mats
- Power points
- Hooks.
Lots of them!
Good advice there. I can't recall the number of power points on offer, so will make inspecting this a priority when I get a chance, though a few well placed power boards may end up being my solution. I always feel the need for good lighting as well. I like a bright work space.

I'm a hook lover too. Hooks for bags, hooks for helmets, hooks for coats...I had a lot jammed into the last place. I'm giving some thought to a vertical rack, perhaps a little like yours, with the storage down each side and space for my helmet and pad collection.

Where did the rubber mat come from? What sort of damage should I expect? Does it have raised edges for catching your accidents? Does it dampen the impact of standing on concrete for lengthy periods of time?

stirk

Burner
Does anyone ever have a clear work bench?.
You didn't notice my work bench did you?

Only a can of bent spoke on it when I took the photo.

As for mats, they are great and make a difference, I got a good one from Bunnings, quite cheap, strong and spongy, easy on your knees apparently, you'll like one.

scblack

Leucocholic
Where did the rubber mat come from? What sort of damage should I expect? Does it have raised edges for catching your accidents? Does it dampen the impact of standing on concrete for lengthy periods of time?
SuperCheapAuto, cost about $30. No edges, about 6mm thick and is nice to stand on.Does it dampen the impact? Not sure really, its nice to stand on though.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
As perr the pic, I have an old rug at my joint and painted floors. Does the job nicely but the painted area destroys thongs when I have a boilover from brewing and shit turns sticky.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I am convinced on getting a mat of some sort, most likely the hard core rubber type in case things get real funky in the garage...

stirk

Burner
Obviously staged. Must have been cleaned up for the photo.
Nah, not staged, it gets messy when I'm working on stuff then I clean it off ready for the next job. This is now, working on a brake caliper so have parts everywhere. If you don't keep organised when working on stuff you lose parts or get them mixed up.

My yard on the other hand is an embarrassment!

IMG_20180316_181111267-1002x1336.jpg

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Nah, not staged, it gets messy when I'm working on stuff then I clean it off ready for the next job. This is now, working on a brake caliper so have parts everywhere. If you don't keep organised when working on stuff you lose parts or get them mixed up.
I vote that beer will win over brakes here.