Man Space / Bike Shed Layout

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Enjoying an awesome home brew ale under lights!

A good mate who happens to be a sparky has kindly wired up two led baton lights, 3 double outlets and a circuit ready for an outside light. All wires fully encased in conduit and neatly done with these outlet purpose made to fit into the wall girts.

The batons are bright in their middle output, setting high beam would be brutal!

View attachment 345507
View attachment 345510
you should have insulated the roof and walls before putting all your stuff in there, you gonna cook in summer bro!
get a F.O. big wall fan to move the air through, as you wont want to spend too much time out there in the hotter months unless it has some sort of way of pushing the hot air along

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Bunnings storage hooks. Perfect for 2.3 rubber.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I tried to hang some bikes off those orange hooks (Bunnings special) but the painted snot disguised as a weld gave way and busted, even though they stated it had a 15kg rating!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
An eski and a couple of milk crates would do the job nicely!

I’ll take a slayer and PP over bar fridge anyday

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The 2nd stand is an aldi one and it's basically dead, so it's time to make my own, or just buy another feedback one. I'm pretty keen to make my own on a steel base with a feedback clamp on it. See what happens
A setup with two workshop stands, noice.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I don't like hanging from a wheel like that as I worry that its a stress on the rim that the wheel wasn't designed for. But with the front lower I figure that may relieve things a bit. Probably don't know what I'm talking about, truth be told.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
You're right, I probably could have used some old inners instead of that chain. Oh well, it was cheap anyway....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You're right, I probably could have used some old inners instead of that chain. Oh well, it was cheap anyway....
No way man. The chain gives a good look. Your shed would look shit if.you just had tubes hanging there (one of my mates did for a while). I just mean use a loop of tube to connect your chain to the seat's dick and the handle bars where you have used the hooks, it is a gentler finish.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I did think of something similar but had concerns about what that would mean for the dropper, the seals and such. I may be worrying to much but it is an RS dropper.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Looks good, much simpler than pulleys.

Don’t worry about the rims, they will be just fine.

So many people hang bikes vertically off the front with a hook and they live just fine

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
I don't like hanging from a wheel like that as I worry that its a stress on the rim that the wheel wasn't designed for. But with the front lower I figure that may relieve things a bit. Probably don't know what I'm talking about, truth be told.
Good solution, if the rim can handle your fat arse thundering down the trails I'm sure it'll be fine hanging from a hook!

I spy a bottle tree, are you not kegging yet?

stirk

Burner
Is it a Record? Just make sure to spray it with Lanotec to stop the surface rust.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Irwin brand vice. The previous owner of the house I'm in left a cool vice which has a quick release mechanism so you can open it super quick. Sadly it's a bottom mount vice which requires a custom bench, I'll build one just for the vice one day.