Manitou Dorado (2014) seal kit

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Ladies.

Seals on my Dorado are forked (lol), and are leaking fluid all over my floor... I kinda want to buy a replacement seal kit locally but I'm struggling to find somewhere that actually carries stock.
Anyone using a Dorado here that has experience with obtaining seals without resorting to placing a CRC order?

I attempted contacting Apollo, which according to the Hayes site is the local distro... but I was ignored.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a brand new set of Enduro seals for my Minute and I think maybe they are the same (32mm??).

Let me know by PM if you want them.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Good luck, they also ignored me and I wanted to order something more substantial than some seals... Grab yourself the MRD kit and you get some seals with all the other goodies? http://www.manitoumtb.com/products/parts-and-accessories/dorado-mrd-kit/ :eyebrows:
I noticed it mentions the Pro model there, but does it also work fine with the Expert?

Just took a look at the Hayes Facebook page and they say this MRD business is also available for the Mattoc - which I have on my trail bike.
Interesting, I think I must look into this further!

I might contact them, as I've read their customer service is top notch.

I have a brand new set of Enduro seals for my Minute and I think maybe they are the same (32mm??).

Let me know by PM if you want them.
I think the 2014 Dorado has either 36mm or 38mm stanchions.

Last edited:

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
36mm stanchions for your model.

Yep, I just installed a set in the expert model (only difference is the drilling on the crowns and the finish, for some weight savings) Cost for the kit was around 300 AUD from the states. I contacted hayes/manitou directly and they put me in touch with a shop that took care of me. I haven't given mine a good blast since installing but you can notice the increased support midstroke with a more supple top end for sure. Production quality is top notch too.

http://www.mtb-news.de/news/2015/10/08/manitou-mattoc-und-dorado-tuning-kits-fuer-luftfedern/ (in german, but translate does a good enough job) Direct EU to AUD conversion seems to be about the same as what I paid in USD for my kit, so you should get a good indication for the Mattoc kit as well.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Most of the article goes over my head, as I'm not that knowledgeable on this sort of thing... but if it makes the fork feel even better I will keep it in mind.
I'll be interested to read your thoughts when you get some time on it.

For now I'll seek some new seals, and look at this MRD thingo for my next-next seal change/service.

With the demise of Warby in Vic, I'm not on the DH bike often at the moment and have numerous other expenses I need to cover first so I'm gonna keep it cheap. :)

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
I have a set of 2014 Doradoes and I've bought a couple sets of seals for them from NSDynamics. Both times they've had them in stock and got them out to me in a few days.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I checked their site before making this thread and they didn't have them listed on their store.

Perhaps I should email them instead.
Do you recall what they set you back?

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
I checked their site before making this thread and they didn't have them listed on their store.

Perhaps I should email them instead.
Do you recall what they set you back?
I emailed them and Tris took care of me.

The seals were about $70 delivered from memory.

If you can get the Manitou seal installation tool it'll make the job way easier than it already is, I got one from CRC.