manitou post to IS 8"disc mount ?????????

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey,
I need to get a 8" adaptor for a shimano IS disc caliper to manitou post mount.
Anyone know who makes them ?
What they cost ?
Does anyone on her make them ?
Does anyone have one they no longer use forsale ?

Adam

Rik

logged out
I know I said a few other things in your other thread
but
besides the fact that not many people will sell them...

I was working on my XC bike today, it runs Manitou forks and a 7" XT disc. Now, having a close look at the spacing, if post mounts have the same dimensions accross all forks, you're going to have a very hard time trying to get the rotor to clear the actual posts. I have only a few mm between my rotor, and the post, measured vertically. So unless the manitou forks in question are designed for 8" rotors, you'll have an impossible task fitting one on.

By the way, this is just a one-off example, forks may differ, I haven't had much experience in this situation, I'm just pointing out what I've found with my forks.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Well I just checked with a mate who had sliders, and he was running 8" Hayes on his without any problems. Of course that is post to post (the way they should be!) but at least you know the rotor itself isn't going to hit the posts as Rik mentioned.

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks wombat - and i think ive found a genuine shimano 8"manitou post mount to IS mount - so fingers crossed.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Oh, I just had another thought, ask Dom which fork it was he was messing around with trying to get 8" XT's onto, I think it was a Sherman; the shimano guy at the show told us he should have just gotten the adaptor kit straight away, so I'd say you're right, and they do make them.

Edit: Just remembered, I have a Shimano component manual. I think this is the part you need:

SM-MA-F203S/P