Manly Dam Trail Maintenance Day Sunday 18th May

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Ok, all you Sydney MTB'ers that ride at the Manly Dam, come out and help maintain what you ride!

The Manly Dam Memorial Reserve is an important natural resource in the Warringah area. During the past two years the park rangers have been instrumental in developing a circuit track for cyclists in conjunction with the local mountain bike community. Trail days have been implemented to allow mountain bikers the opportunity to put back into the areas we ride. Work is under the guidance of park rangers to help maintain the circuit track and preserve this sensitive natural resource.

There'll be a bunch of fellow riders, like ME, and others out there, and there's a BBQ afterwards (or pizza and drinks if it's raining).

Give back to the trails and keep the Dam goin'!

Where: Manly Dam Rangers office off King St Main entrance
Time: Sundays - 9:30am til 2:00pm
Bring: Good work shoes, gloves, hat, sunburn cream, pref long sleeve shirt, long pants and water.
Contact: Manly Dam 02 9949 3235 or Bike Addiction 02 9938 3511

Future dates are June 1st, June 22nd, July 27th, and August 24th

See everybody there!

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't ride Manly, actually i just don't ride. But i sent a link to a coupla guys i know that do ride there.

You know it's supposed to piss down for the rest of the week and all weekend ?? Hope it holds off for ya.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Yeah... it's POURING right now (in south Sydney). The trails are gonna be soup. I don't know what the status is of the maintenance day if the weather is horrendous. I want to work on the trails, but... there's a limit...

Well, I've got some decent rain gear, just need some rubber boots and I'm ready for the worst!

Thanks a 1,000,000 for passing on that link, Gutty! I'll save ya slice of pizza for when we get together for that ride! :)

If anybody is unsure whether the maintenance day is on or not (due to bad weather) call the Ranger number listed above.

If anybody comes and the weather is awful (raining), find me, Rob/Techno, say "Hey, I read your post on FARKIN", and I'll buy ya a beer/stiff drink! (If you clearly look like you haven't hit puberty yet, it'll have to be a softdrink!)

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Techno Destructo said:
If anybody comes and the weather is awful (raining), find me, Rob/Techno, say "Hey, I read your post on FARKIN", and I'll buy ya a beer/stiff drink!
Hmm, i might have to drive up just to take you up on that offer :wink:

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Gutty, if you drive all the way up from Corrimal to Manly to do trail maintenance, in the rain :shock:, dude, I'll buy the drinks all afternoon! :wink:

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Just spoke with the rangers to find out if the maintenence day continues with really bad weather.

It does. But instead of working out on the trails, we'll work back at the ranger's station making stuff for the trails, such as corduroy/bridges.

So if anybody's got any questions, the day is ON no matter what the weather. See ya there!