Mapleton DH ride this Sunday (6th April)

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
Hey guys I'm trying to organize a crew to come hit up the Mapleton DH track this Sunday morning, I've never actually been there myself, but my parents live up at Flaxton (10 mins away) and I plan on making the trip out there on sunday morning to check it out.

If anyone's been before and know what it's like there could you post a rough description perhaps of the conditions of the track, from what I've heard it's pretty rutted and rocky, exactly what 200mm of travel is designed for!! I've heard good things about the track and that there's avaialabity of shuttles if you have a car, or if someone's willing to give you a lift. Unfortunately I don't have a car so can't help out in that department, but I'm willing to fork out 10-20 bux for petrol depending on whether or not someone is willing to lend a vehicle..

So yeah, basically I'll be up at the lillyponds, directions are available from the bushrangers website, head to the menu on the left titled 'trails' and then go to Mapleton MTB from there you'll get directions on how to get to lillyponds and an idea of what's on offer. Meet there around 7ish to kick it nice and early as I hate wearing full gear in the bloody sun. I should have a mate or two, who aren't members here, coming and we are hoping to get a few more people who are into some rough DH sessioning. Regardless the busrangers (local MTB club) does club rides there most sundays I'm fairly sure.. http://www.bushrangers.org/index.htm

Reply in this thread if you're interested. Turn up and let's turn it up!

Cooch

Likes Dirt
Fark! I'm only just reading your post, and I'm already organised to do another ride tomorrow.

Please let me know how it goes and when you're going again? - my mate and I would love to hit that track and we have a twin cab ute to do the shuttlin' in. :D