marin bikes

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had been looking at a new trek fuel ex 8 but came across the sponsors special on the marin B17. Spec looks good value, geo seems good for me (very short legs long torso is a pain to fit). Main concerns are being mail order only and not a name I see much out there, and no real forum talk, just a few magazine reviews. Anyone tried one of the new marins? bicycles online do offer free 14 day trial so might give that a go.

https://www.bicyclesonline.com.au/2018-marin-b-17-3-27.5-dual-suspension-mountain-bi

Jpez

Down on the left!
There is a Marin sub forum on MTBR and a thread on the B17 with some positive things said about the bike if you haven’t seen it.
It’s a good looking bike with pretty good spec so really you can’t go wrong with the 14 day trial.

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Bicycles online are good to deal with. Bought a bend rev last year. Well packed and built up so well that I’ve not even had to tune up even after a year off commuting. All I had to do was put on front wheel, bars and pedals. Keep box in good condition so you can return if you wanted .
Ps the Marin looks nice